Muppet Vinylmation series 3?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Now I am faced with a dilemma...Assume there will be a series 4 and buy another 24 holding case, or assume this will be the last series, and buy a more expensive 12 holding case. Opinions???

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just a day ago I realized that the Sam the Eagle variant is Sam Arrow. It's a shame more Muppet Treasure Island variants aren't included to go along with it. It's just like the Palisades line, where Sam Arrow was released two series before another Muppet Treasure Island variant, and not many MTI figures came out. Not counting the "Ghost of Sam Arrow" variant (a variant of a variant), there were three main figures, though two had pack-ins (would Rizzo count as a "pack-in" with Gonzo, as they seemed to be billed equally?), bringing us five characters, though the Gonzo and Rizzo two-pack was an exclusive.

Sam Arrow seems like an odd choice for a sole Muppet Treasure Island toy. I know it was neccessary for Palisades, as they got the movie license after sculpting standard versions of most of the main characters, wanted variants of some characters to come first, and there aren't too many good Sam the Eagle variants, but here they could have included a few more. They could have included Captain Smollet and Benjamina Gunn instead of Reporter Kermit (though it's a better variant than Smollet) and Piggy-as-Statue of Liberty. They could have included some MTI variants or even original characters (Polly Lobster, Mad Monty, and Clueless Morgan) instead of characters like Crazy Harry and Beauregard (and it really hurts me to suggest that). Of course maybe the mystery chase figure is from Muppet Treasure Island. Blind Pew would be a good choice for that.

Also... Miss Piggy as the Statue of Liberty... Is that really an appealing variant? They could have put out Nurse Piggy (along with Dr. Bob and Nurse Janice) or First Mate Piggy. But they had to go with something fans wouldn't exactly associate with any appearances (I know, it's in Muppet Vision 3D, and I think a few others, but I usually don't think of that scene).

galagr

Reaction score
I've done some thinking. Now, if Disney REALLY wanted to shock and amaze us, they would make the chaser the Jerry Nelson Muppet, in light of his death in August (not the Muppet, the performer). Of course, that would be if Disney wanted to shock and amaze us.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
What's with the Snowth ears? Do they also have painted-over Mickey ears, or are their ears actually shaped like horns?