Your Thoughts: Follow that Bird Anniversary DVD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I finally looked at the downloadable coloring pages, and they're nothing special. Just a few random pictures of characters, including Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, and also Elmo and even Abby Cadabby. None of them have anything to do with the movie.

EmMonster

Reaction score
Well, I actually found some easter eggs on this release. It's been a long time since I last heard of DVDs containing easte reggs, but highlight Kermit on the features menu, and you'll find some deleted and extended scenes!
  • During Kermit's report, Ernie and Bert actually have a conversation regarding the news. Ernie comments that Kermit has a great voice, while Bert dismisses it, saying that he'd like for Kermit to have some kind of bear friend with a great voice.
  • Mr. Snuffleupagus decides that he should leave Big Bird's nest and allow everybody to finally see him.... But when he goes out to the street, nobody is there! He walks back in, where Bruno walks Barkley, who both just barely miss Snuffy.
  • While sleeping in the cage, Big Bird has a nightmare about what the sleaze brothers might do to him next.
  • An alternate version of Kermit's news report, where the report is not shown on a TV screen, and Kermti has some extra dialogue.
  • Big Bird tells his friends that he is going to be leaving, with Miss Finch giving them the basics of what's happening. Finch also tells Big Bird that he can't take all of his things with him. This seen features some characters who don't appear on-screen in the movie, including Don Music and Mr. Johnson, and also has some big dialogue for Herry, Willy, and Luis.
  • Big Bird's goodbye seen is longer. Ernie tells Big Bird "don't forget to take your baths", Bert says "Don't forget to speak pigeon", Herry says "don't forget to work out", and Forgetful Jones says "Don't forget to.. uh.. I forget!"

APRIL FOOLS
APRIL FOOLS? WHAT? You got me so... excited!

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Ok, I hate to ask but.. WHERE IN THE WORLD IS.. Elmo in Grouchland in widescreen? I know Netflix has the widescreen version, but i don't have netflix.

EDIT:
Oh come on! The Italians get it in widescreen? Can someone get me a italian copy and I will slow it down? I would love to see it in widescreen!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's no EIG on Netflix.

And there's a widescreen version of EIG on the Internet somewhere; I had downloaded it (but got rid of it).

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Oh, really I'll have to find it. And someone said EIG WAS on Netflix.=l probably not anymore. I have Take the Fist Step in Widescreen, but that's it, and I took the Italian video and English Audio. Do you remember where you got the widescreen version? Maybe a torrent?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's no EIG on Netflix.

And there's a widescreen version of EIG on the Internet somewhere; I had downloaded it (but got rid of it).

I know it's been (and assume it still is) on iTunes. I assume that version is widescreen.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I know it's been (and assume it still is) on iTunes. I assume that version is widescreen.
I found the widescreen version online and watched it. Wow does it make a difference! It's from the R2 DVD though.