Muppet Film and TV References

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I saw an episode of Spongebob where Spongebob and Patrick make a movie and Sandy is in charge of special effects and she keeps going "Did somebody say "Boom"?" which is reminiscent to Crazy Harry, I don't know if anybody else mentioned it though.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
One thing I want to mention is that they had a clue on Jeopardy! about names with "Iggy" in the name and one of the clues was "she played first mate to Captain Link Hogthrob." Of course we know who that was: :mad:. Surprisingly none of the contestants got it. I guess they're not big Muppet fans like us.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I just saw an episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy on Netflix where Irwin was walking down the street in the middle of the night saying, "A quart of milk, a loaf of bread and a stick of butter" which similar to the classic animated skit, "A loaf of bread, a container of milk and a stick of butter" from Sesame Street. Not exactly a Muppet reference, but something that Muppet fans are familiar with nonetheless.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. It's pretty evident the writers had that in mind, but like we were talking about on the other thread, they may have just worded it differently to avoid copyright infringement.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I was watching an old episode of "The Big Bang Theory" & 2 of the guys were acting like goths. . One was saying he was going to get a tattoo of either a snake or Kermit the Frog on his butt. Then he started doing :smile:'s voice! (he didn't get a tattoo after all)

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I was watching an old episode of "The Big Bang Theory" & 2 of the guys were acting like goths. . One was saying he was going to get a tattoo of either a snake or Kermit the Frog on his butt. Then he started doing :smile:'s voice! (he didn't get a tattoo after all)
I remember that one. That was Howard (Simon Helberg). There was another episode where the guys were going to a costume party as superheroes (Raj got stuck being Aquaman). Something went wrong (can't remember what), so they considered going to the party as the Muppet Babies.
Raj: I get to be Kermit!
Sheldon: No, I'm Kermit. You're Scooter.
Raj: But Scooter sucks! He's the Aquaman of the Muppet Babies.

robodog

Reaction score
Which is a big load. Considering Scooter's talent with computers at an early age and the fact that the world now pretty much revolves around computers then Scooter had a very bright future ahead.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
WCBS played a short snippet of Grover saying "That's right" today as a stinger of sorts. I know I've heard it in a sketch, but I don't recall the segment.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I remember that one. That was Howard (Simon Helberg). There was another episode where the guys were going to a costume party as superheroes (Raj got stuck being Aquaman). Something went wrong (can't remember what), so they considered going to the party as the Muppet Babies.
Raj: I get to be Kermit!
Sheldon: No, I'm Kermit. You're Scooter.
Raj: But Scooter sucks! He's the Aquaman of the Muppet Babies.
I just saw that episode