• The Muppets 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Share your title below.)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yeah, no one in my group believed that there was actually a scene at the end, so they all left the theater. I stayed to see it, so they all lost out.
I hope they learned their lesson. :big_grin:

Weirdo96

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt the Monsters University discussion, I just want to throw in my 2 cents about the new Muppet movie title.
I think Muppets Most Wanted is a better title than The Muppets...Again not only because it works better with the plot, but it doesn't sounds like a mere sequel to The Muppets. Making a Muppet movie a sequel just sounds like a cash-grab to me. So I'm glad the title sounds more like a stand-alone movie. I can't to see it!
You may now continue your Monsters University discussion.(How did we get to this topic, anyways?)

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Sorry to interrupt the Monsters University discussion, I just want to throw in my 2 cents about the new Muppet movie title.
I think Muppets Most Wanted is a better title than The Muppets...Again not only because it works better with the plot, but it doesn't sounds like a mere sequel to The Muppets. Making a Muppet movie a sequel just sounds like a cash-grab to me. So I'm glad the title sounds more like a stand-alone movie. I can't to see it!
You may now continue your Monsters University discussion.(How did we get to this topic, anyways?)

I asked if there was a muppet teaser with the movie and it just went off from there lol

Teheheman

Reaction score
First off, I heard Monsters University was really good, but on to the topic at hand. It seems that all Muppet sequels aren't titled as "sequels"(i.e. The Muppets Take Manhattan was NOT called The Muppet Movie 2, or any variation thereof) nor do they really have anything to do with the previous movie but they are meant to be stand-alone films anyways, so Weirdo is right, it's good to have a stand-alone title for a movie if it really isn't a technical "sequel".

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Weird thing is, this Muppet movie actually looks to be a direct sequel off the last film. The first time that's ever happened.

Of course, said last movie took the first three films into canon (partially as the fact they were films), which is a rare example of Muppet continuity... even though none of those original films had a canon.

Only other time it was attempted was in VMX, with that one off Doc Hopper's reference.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Who cares if this is a "sequel"? So what none of the other movies were "sequels"? They are trying something new, and I see no problem with that. (Not directed at anyone, just a general statement)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if this next film is considered a continuation or not because the only bit of Muppet canon is that they are merely for-hire players that come together to make movies. Basically none of them are canon. Not even the Muppet Show, really.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I'd love it it this one started right at the end of the last movie and then some shouts "right...that's a wrap" and then everyone starts to leave. You see all the camera men and everything from the set. Then go straight into telling a new story.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I wouldn't care if the movie was one of those horrible midquels, I'm just grateful it's even happening. I haven't been this excited for a movie since Deathly Hallows Part 2. I'll admit I was shocked about Ricky Gervais, but once I realised how excited he was, I knew he was perfect. No matter what the case, bring it on Muppet style and fly with it!