My Muppet Show App Discussion/Updates

Drtooth

Reaction score
A review of this app on Toughpigs.

It seems cool and flashy enough, but it really seems to speak up my dislike for these kinds of games. Specifically the whole use of real world currency to buy premium in game currency to make the game better. Really, that is a scam worthy of the Doronbo gang (or some less obscure American equivilant... I dunno... Tweeg maybe?), and all it does is serve as big fat "Nyeah nyeahs" to those with enough disposable income to buy imaginary shiny things to make the game better.

Still, looks like it could be fun, and really should be released here if you like that sort of thing.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
As someone who HAS bought DLC content, not a lot mind you, I believe it is only a scam if you are forced to buy something to actually complete the game, or at least, make it nearly unwinnable. If its just a nice little extra that makes the game better, and someone has the money to buy it, that's their choice. I fail to see how its a scam when no one is forcing anyone to buy something. Though it could be possible borderline scam when the intent is to trick kids who don't know better to run up mommy's credit card. But then you should be smart enough to turn in app purchases off.

I would say though that the price for premium content in these kinds of games is absolutely insane compared to the amount of premium money you need to buy even the cheapest thing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seemed interesting, until I read about using actual money to purchase things, and also about how it can take a few days to fully load something (can you pause the loading if needed and restart from there later?).

I wonder if any minor or obscure characters appear in the game.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It seemed interesting, until I read about using actual money to purchase things, and also about how it can take a few days to fully load something (can you pause the loading if needed and restart from there later?).

1. In app purchases are completely optional.
2. Where did you see that? I think you are mistaking the digitizing process for load times. Basically, it means that it takes X amount of time for an object to be built. It's basically a glorified timer from when you bought the object to the time that you can actually use it. The timer ticks down even when you are not playing the game. It has nothing to do with load times

minor muppetz

Reaction score
2. Where did you see that? I think you are mistaking the digitizing process for load times. Basically, it means that it takes X amount of time for an object to be built. It's basically a glorified timer from when you bought the object to the time that you can actually use it. The timer ticks down even when you are not playing the game. It has nothing to do with load times

I thought it said so in the review.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Can you please point out the quote? Because I really think you are misinterpreting it. Having a LOAD TIME of days is ridiculous. I saw nothing about load times, other than there are a lot of loading screens

Having a timer from when you bought an item to the time you can use it is very normal for these kinds of games. I play games like these all the time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Can you please point out the quote? Because I really think you are misinterpreting it. Having a LOAD TIME of days is ridiculous. I saw nothing about load times, other than there are a lot of loading screens
Here's the quote.

• I don’t like the waiting. I’m not a patient fellow when it comes to gaming. I don’t play games that are gonna take me 3 hours to get through a level. It’s the reason I give up on ‘Simpsons Tap Out’ after two days. I don’t want to wait 2 hours for Floyd to ‘digitize’. I mean, kids are gonna play this game. What sort of kid is gonna hear ‘Sorry, Timmy, Fozzie’s gonna take 5 hours to turn up’ and say ‘Oh, no worries Mom, I’m just gonna sit here and watch’. No-one! Unless they have no life. Get a life, Timmy!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yes, that is not referring to loading times. That is referring to the time it takes between buying an item and having it be usable.

Like I said, its a timer that counts down even while you are not playing the game.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
I hope this becomes worldwide soon looks quite interesting seems to be in vain of other freeium games like the smurfs and the simpsons tapped out which I quite enjoy so I will give it a chance and its a muppet app i'm not passing up the opportunity to make my own muppet show