Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I just know that the usual ungrateful fanboys/fangirls who don't how to be nice or happy will have nothing but negative things to say. Counting the minutes until it happens...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have a feeling any cut sequences are completely lost, or too hard to find for them to bother. It's not like they knew in the future that they'd have a place to put them.

Though they could have culled some stuff out of alternate international prints, but not much.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
This sounds cool! I might as well buy it if I had money at the moment...
I have a feeling any cut sequences are completely lost, or too hard to find for them to bother. It's not like they knew in the future that they'd have a place to put them.

Though they could have culled some stuff out of alternate international prints, but not much.
I don't notice edits that much in TV shows and movies; for example, one Danger Rangers episode I watched on ThisTV was supposed to cut to the song "It's All Up To Me" after they give the kids earplugs, according to a fan who watched the original version. But most of the time, I don't care about cuts in shows, I just enjoy it the way it is.

Rugratskid

Reaction score

Hopefully they are in the vaults. Wouldn't they have a original negative used in theatres? They could just split the scenes in using that maybe!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's easily forgiven if an older movie lost any BTS/edited footage. Remember, they pretty much threw it all out most of the time. The only reason to be disappointed if it didn't make it onto the film is if Henson has that old footage and never bothered to give it to Disney/Disney didn't bother to ask for it. Yes, the special features are pretty light and there's no reason why there shouldn't be commentary. But on the bright side, those who don't have or want a Blu-Ray player and have any copy of the original one won't feel terribly left out.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
As I mentioned, it includes alternate audio tracks and a deleted scene. Is it entirely "special", no. Is there something special about it, I'd say yes. Does that mean it deserves to be on the Blu-ray? Not necessarily.

Exactly! :smile:
A DELETED SCENE? From the UK copy? Does anyone know which one? The extended version of I Hope That Something Better Comes Along would be fantastic!:smile:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Part of that is included, yes.
So wait, they're using the UK verion or the US one? I already have the UK one but it's cropped. Hopefully they still have a theatrical print in the archives to use.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
So wait, they're using the UK verion or the US one? I already have the UK one but it's cropped. Hopefully they still have a theatrical print in the archives to use.
The scene does not appear in the commonly-seen prints (but does appear in the extended print). However that doesn't technically mean it derived from the UK. For all we know, the extended scenes in the UK version were in the original theatrical release (in both the US and UK). Nobody's really kept a good track record of the earlier Muppet movies, so whether or not the original theatrical release had more footage is up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.