Call to all Little Jerry and the Monotones fans

Yorick

Reaction score
they lauch into "Spinning Wheel", which at the time was a big hit for Blood Sweat and Tears.
:sing: Sounds like this:
Though it's not as flashy as the version mentioned in the description you gave (I'd love to see that!) it's still really cool.
I would also love to see them release a Little Jerry documentary, kinda like Spinal Tap. It could be great.
:big_grin: Oh yeah! I would love that! What rockin' fun that would be!
once when telly was suprised to see them at the library thinking all the did was rock & roll and Little Jerrry was on the SS set and Gina was thrilled to see him only.
Wow, so Little Jerry talks in both of those scenes? Are there any clips on youtube of Little Jerry having a conversation? I saw a skit where Little Jerry gave Snuffy confidence in singing...that was very cool, but I can't find it on youtube. It makes me wonder just how many Little Jerry moments (music and non-music) aired. If we had a list, that might helpful to those who put these great moments on youtube. And it'd be fun for all of us to read, of course! I sure would love to see them all!

Under the "Spinning Wheel" video, a youtube user quote gave me a good chuckle:
"I honesty don't understand this obsession some you guys with Little Jerry."
LOL! Little Jerry totally rocks! What more needs to be said? :smile:

Yorick

Reaction score
I guess it didn't show up when I searched because (at the time of this writing) "Little" and "Monotones" aren't tags in the vid - which reminds me to always type "Sesame Street" with the song title, rather than the Sesame musical artist name :smile:

Thanks Oscarfan/MarshalGrover! Though you may not be the biggest fan of them (love that quote I mentioned in post #36 of this thread!) do you have a favorite Little Jerry and the Monotones song? Anyone else want to chime in with a favorite? I know this was discussed here before, but it's been a while.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
This will knock your socks off. Way back in the first season, there was a protoype of the Monotones. Bob is seen with a bunch of hippie Muppets, and he's actually putting Jerry's orange hair on top of his pointy green head. Bob walks off, the lights dim, and they lauch into "Spinning Wheel", which at the time was a big hit for Blood Sweat and Tears. There is a spinning wheel and a light show flashing on the screen behind them. It looks like Sesame Street at the Fillmore East, very groovy, very psychedelic. Little Jerry was actually performed by Jim this time.

I'm afraid this one will never see the light of day on an official release, due to all the legal clearances involved. (Just like I'm not holding my breath on the Muppet version of "Up, Up and Away").
But the fact is this clip DOES exist, and a copy is out there SOMEWHERE.
Hey fuzzygobo, I actually have the audio for "Spinning Wheel"!

:fanatic:

I was listening to a podcast hosted by DJ Food from 2004 celebrating the 35th anniversary of Sesame Street, and that's where I found it. And it was Gordon (Matt Robinson) who was dressing the AMs and not Bob. Jim Henson performed the lead singer/Little Jerry prototype (using a voice similar to Dr. Teeth's), and Professor Hastings was in it as well.

Now if I can find a way to crop the song from that podcast into a single file...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Hey fuzzygobo, I actually have the audio for "Spinning Wheel"!

:fanatic:

I was listening to a podcast hosted by DJ Food from 2004 celebrating the 35th anniversary of Sesame Street, and that's where I found it. And it was Gordon (Matt Robinson) who was dressing the AMs and not Bob. Jim Henson performed the lead singer/Little Jerry prototype (using a voice similar to Dr. Teeth's), and Professor Hastings was in it as well.

Now if I can find a way to crop the song from that podcast into a single file...

If you send me the podcast, I can do it for you.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Once someone gets this, can I get a copy?

I still hold the deep seated hope that somewhere, SW would release the Proto-Monotones Surprise song with all the cutscenes in tact.

Seems even the Hebrew version with the Oscar/American Cast member sequence is gone.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I still hold the deep seated hope that somewhere, SW would release the Proto-Monotones Surprise song with all the cutscenes in tact.

It's interesting how that song is associated with Little Jerry and the Monotones, even though the lead singer and one of the back-up singers are obivously different characters (though it includes members resembling Big Jeffy and the orange member). It was incorrectly listed as being sung by the group in the Surprise! album, then several years later Little Jerry and the Monotones actually did sing it on the show, and then sometime later when they did an episode where Elmo had to fill in for Little Jerry, Elmo sang Surprise in addition to Mad, Sad, and Proud.