Is there going to be a sequel to Labyrinth?

Labyrinthbty

Reaction score
Begging for a sequel to Labyrinth with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly again. Also with all the original characters, puppets, and puppeteers. Does anyone know if Brian Henson will produce a sequel?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
As of now, no. The closest thing to a sequel we have are the Labyrinth graphic novels

Laszlo

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see one... no I havent heard of one.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I think Bowie is a little too old to play Jareth again, and to me, nobody can portray Jareth but Bowie.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
From what I remember there was going to be a sequel to Labyrinth but it developed into it's own movie MirrorMask. It's very different from Labyrinth, Brain Froud's style isn't in there. I can safely say that it's it's own movie but I heard somewhere that it was originally the sequel to Labyrinth. A friend I used to know showed it to me and I didn't care for it. Like I mentioned, it's a movie of it's own.

Speaking of sequels, any word on The Power of The Dark Crystal directed by the creator of Dexter's Laboratory?

Laszlo

Reaction score
From what I remember there was going to be a sequel to Labyrinth but it developed into it's own movie MirrorMask.
Speaking of sequels, any word on The Power of The Dark Crystal directed by the creator of Dexter's Laboratory?
Yes, MIRRORMASK does not count. To be honest I didnt like it either.
No, no DARK CRYSTAL 2 yet.

Labyrinthbty

Reaction score
Really bummed. Bowie may be old but does Jareth perfectly. If I could I'd produce a sequel.lol.

CanaceErinn

Reaction score
As much fun as it would be to have a Labyrinth sequel, two questions:

1)is there really a need for one?
2)what would the story be? (please not Return to Labyrinth...I couldn't stand Toby and how he never grew as a character)

Laszlo

Reaction score
1)is there really a need for one? Sure!
2)what would the story be? Good question... how about a Sarah returning to the Labyrinth (without Toby)?
Or how about a prequel?