"Electric Mayhem" silk screen print by James Carroll available Friday July 5

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Friday is the day! James Carroll's anticipated art print of the "Electric Mayhem" will officially be released in a limited edition of only 315 units. James has been a major contributor at Muppet Central and other fan projects over the years, so it's with great excitement that he's now releasing his second official silk screen print from Acme Graphics.

Below is the “Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem” standard edition as a silk screen limited edition of 195 prints each signed by James Carroll. Order here when available beginning on Friday July 5 around 10 am pacific.

Below is the “Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem” Rock Star Red Variant as a silk screen limited edition of 60 prints each signed by James Carroll. Order here when available beginning on Friday July 5 around 10 am pacific.

Below is the “Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem” Purple Haze Variant as a silk screen limited edition of 60 prints each signed by James Carroll. Order here when available beginning on Friday July 5 around 10 am pacific.

Which version is your favorite? Let us know. If you plan on ordering one of these limited edition prints, please like this post.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous! If I had some spare cash, and a frame, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The limited edition Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem prints by James Carroll are now available here. Based off of the response of Jamie's Muppet Theatre prints, these may only be available for a few hours.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The limited edition Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem prints by James Carroll are now available here. Based off of the response of Jamie's Muppet Theatre prints, these may only be available for a few hours.
Thanks for the plug, Phillip.

To answer some questions people may have...

What's a silkscreen?
For those who haven't owned a silkscreen before, please let me explain what one is. This is a manual and much more painterly process than a digital print or a giclee. Each color is "stenciled" separately and that kind of makes every print unique. Like snowflakes.

What makes this release special?
This isn't like a mass-produced poster to tack up on your bedroom wall (even though you could and those are great too), this is a fine art investment that will appreciate with time. Last year's standard prints have doubled in value and one of the variants has more than quadrupled. If you don't yet have any sort of art collection, pieces like this can be a good place to start.

How many will they make?
There are only 315 total prints in the entire series and there won't be any more produced after the last one sells through. I am working on more posters for Acme and I hope to continue to make Muppet posters too. I'll be around as long as they'll have me. This could potentially be the second print of a larger series. That will sort of depend on the success of each release.

What makes this different from the fantastic art some folk release through DeviantArt and RedBubble?
This is also an official print authorized by Disney's Muppets Studio. Licensors are more likely to say no than yes, so there's a lot of work that goes into each illustration and a great satisfaction in knowing that the work meets these high standards. Both Disney and Acme Archives have been amazing to work with. I'm just so glad to have produced the first commercial art poster for the Electric Mayhem that features Lips!

How do they look?
All the Mayhem prints came fresh from the printers to me to sign and number a week ago. They did a magnificent job with the silkscreen printing. The colors are bright and vibrant in each version, even more so than the posted images. I am very pleased. People seemed to respond to the more saturated variant last year so that was factored into this year's palette. Even if you miss out on one particular color variant, the other ones will look just as nice.

Here's a close-up snapshot of the Purple Haze variant taken with my camera phone. The flash was on so the colors don't seem quite as bright as they are. (The white copyright stamp on the side is not on the actual print. It's just placed there for legal reasons.)

If you'd like one, they're up on darkinkart.com. There are enough pieces left right now, but that could change at any moment. They are already popping up on Ebay at a markup.

There's another non-Disney print coming out at Comic Con, but I can't talk about that yet. Keep your eyes peeled! Doh!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
A little sneaky peek from the people at Acme of my new piece coming to SD Comic-Con 2013.