Toby Froud Producing Film with Heather Henson's Ibex Puppetry

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This is not technically a Henson Co. production (moderators feel free to move this somewhere more appropriate if you like), but it is a Henson/Froud production so I thought I would post it here.

Heather Henson's Ibex Puppetry has just announced that the next film in The Handmade Puppet Dreams film series will be called "Lessons Learned" and is being directed by Toby Froud, who is the son of Wendy and Brian Froud...and who played Baby Toby in Labyrinth. So the Henson/Froud connection continues in to the second generation. Pretty cool, no? There is a trailer and info on Kickstarter campaign to help finance the project at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1401146961/lessons-learned-a-practical-puppet-short-film

theSHE124

Reaction score
Both Miss Heather...and Toby Froud?...AWESOME! :excited: I gotta tell my sisters about this! We've all seen Labyrinth before.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Just found out about this project and had to be a part of it. Given the popularity of Labyrinth and Dark Crystal, I'm sure this project will be funded in no time.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Just found out about this project and had to be a part of it. Given the popularity of Labyrinth and Dark Crystal, I'm sure this project will be funded in no time.
You bet it will, ScooterMan! It climbed up to over 11-grand yesterday!! :eek: Also, I recently included the website link in my signature. Hope others 'round the forum get into this! :drool:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I selected the custom sculpted Froudian USB drive; I don't really have enough money to go over the $100 range right now, not to mention I don't have room in my bedroom for the pricier rewards such as the goblin statue or the character maquettes. They sure look cool though.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Sounds fascinating! Great to see Toby continuing what his parents began!

theSHE124

Reaction score
What did I tell y'all? It's been 5 days, and they now have over 21-grand pledged for them! :wink: