Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

cjd874

Reaction score
Hey guys! Sorry if I bother bumping this thread, but Look what I found.

This should be really good!
Great find! I never knew how Jerry's speaking voice really sounded until now. It amazes me even more that he created such a diverse range of voices: The Count, Herry, Floyd, Robin, Sherlock Hemlock, the Amazing Mumford, Lew Zealand, Dr. Strangepork, Gobo, Pa Gorg, Beard, etc.
I know Jim's voice sounded a lot like Kermit's, and Frank didn't have to stretch his voice much to perform Fozzie, but I mean, Jerry stretched the limits of vocal talent to the extremes. God bless him.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Well, it's now July 10th, but the special banner isn't up this year...things sure have changed, hasn't it? :frown:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Well, it's now July 10th, but the special banner isn't up this year...things sure have changed, hasn't it? :frown:
Yes, a lot of things have since we already lost Jerry Nelson and Jane Henson. :sigh: Changes will happen good or bad.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Well, Jerry would've been 79 if he was around today. Happy Birthday, Jerry in heaven.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score

I wonder if Gobo still misses Jerry. :sigh:
It's one year later and we still miss him.

Here's a poem I did:
Ode to Jerry Nelson
As I walked around, I ended at an empire, and who appears but a happy vampires
He smiles and I grab his gentle hand and pulled me into Wonderland
The vampires, he says, "Count with me" and then we meet a small frog that has dreams of following his uncle's footsteps and a bass player part of the theatre that meets famous stars. As we walk on, encounters a Fraggle that explores caves, tunnels, and the Gorg's garden. Once the journey comes to an end, a sigh and a tear comes down a vampire's purple's face, for once a magical world is now turned to dust and we see now a small stone at the end of the path. All of our friends, the Fraggles, the Countess, the eldest frog also known as Kermit, and Janice gather round the stone reading now two words, JERRY NELSON. We thank you for the magic, songs, the counting, and halfway down whenever it's the stairs, a cave, or even a garden. We'll miss you, Jerry Nelson.
So far, I'm glad that I am doing poems again. After all, this is one of the talents I have.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hard to imagine last year, alright: it was sunny in the day but rainy in the night, no different from the weather I'm seeing here today. I was writing my own Fragglish story of sorts late in the night. It had to have been around 11pm when I finally finished one whole page, then I went to bed. I've mentioned about my Fraggle stories elsewhere on the Forum, but I rather not go into the details of my Secret Project...

...yet to think, the last word I wrote on that page was 'death'...has to be coincidental, but it's very strange such coincidence like this happened! Sure miss the wonders and music of Jerry Nelson. :frown:

(Hey! I just wrote the 900th post of the thread! Now this is a good impact!)

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey Colette! I did something like that for my Vector Class in college! Our professor insisted it had to be an existing movie to design vector graphics for 1 title, 6 intros and 1 credit reel. Live action is easier to get away with compare to animation, but what about puppetry? So I used The Great Muppet Caper for my final project in class. Hardest one outta the 8 was the Electric Mayhem--all six of them--on top of the broken trolley! :cool: I also had fun drawing Pops and Scooter in the Happiness Hotel. My teacher was impressed that I did them all by using the thumbnail drawings first (all by digital tablet, of course!) :smile:

Anyway, will this FR story thing you're doing be a tribute to Jerry Nelson? That'll be nice for the year's events--what did we agree on again?--Oh yeah! Music! :sing: It's Music Time-Day, everyone!