Call to all Little Jerry and the Monotones fans

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A thousand thank you's for everyone involved for posting the English "Spinning Wheel" on YouTube. Yes, you're right, it was Gordon who fixed Little Jerry's hair, not Bob, but still, not a bad recollection for a clip I haven't seen since I was 2.

I don't know who enjoys these more- some of you younger folk who have never seen clips like these, or someone like me who hasn't seen them in over 40 years.

Now that I can cross this one off my Bucket List, I'm still on the lookout for "Up,Up, and Away". Even in a foreign language it would be incredible to see again. But thanks again for reuniting me with an old friend. I'm always in your debt. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That sketch is cool and all, but I'm glad they dropped the whole "Gordon dressing an AM" bit after the first season or so. It's a little too cutesy and juvenile, even for a preschool show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That sketch is cool and all, but I'm glad they dropped the whole "Gordon dressing an AM" bit after the first season or so. It's a little too cutesy and juvenile, even for a preschool show.

Besides this and Consider Yourself, what other known segments are there where one of the adults decorates a faceless AM?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There was one skit from around 1975 or so. Bob met an AM with no face, performed by Jim. First Bob puts on some angry eyes with Grinch-like eyebrows, a big green nose, and a wild black wig. Every time Bob adds another piece, the AM gets angrier, so mad he storms off camera, and we hear a loud CRASHBOOMBANG, and a very worried look on Bob's face. The AM comes back on-screen: "Sorry, Bob. I just dropped my watch!"

Bob also performs a similar skit with the same AM, but his eyes and nose keep falling off.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Besides this and Consider Yourself, what other known segments are there where one of the adults decorates a faceless AM?
Hopefully, not too many more. The Consider Yourself segment was edited in the Old School release at the wrong moment, if you ask me (knowing full well why it was cut).

It really takes away from the suspension of disbelief that makes Sesame Street work. It was a fun skit on the Ed Sullivan show (that one where the balnk puppet turns into an old man, an alien, and a teenager). But then again, that's when the only non-humans directly on the street segment were Oscar, Bert, Ernie, and Big Bird and the Muppets weren't as fully integrated and focused on as today. Or even a couple seasons down the road.

There's just so much of the first season I'm thrilled didn't keep.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hopefully, not too many more.

Maybe we should think about what Anything Muppet numbers there were in the first season that we haven't seen. Like "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", I know the first season had a "Before and After" song (which in some way included Buddy and Jim as well), there was a performance of "Brotherhood of Man". Of course, I know that fans had seen international versions of Spinning Wheel, which have the parts with Gordon cut out (the copy online uses that version with the English audio, and therefore the beginning has no image). There could be more known segments from the first season that have surfaced in other languages that cut out the humans dressing the Anything Muppets.

FearlessFreap

Reaction score
Just re-connecting here. I actually started this thread under a different account... long story short, I have a new account now. Glad to be back. Love Little Jerry!

FearlessFreap

Reaction score
Schweet - I've done some research on Little Jerry and the Monotones... I'm planning a post showing the evolution of the group as they were developed.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think someone may have beaten you on that.

The first half isn't even relevant anyway.