Worried about going into high school...

Bridget

Reaction score
Well, it looks as if we are in the same boat! I'm going to be starting 9th grade next year, but I wouldn't say I'm "nervous". It's more of an "Is anyone going to like me?" kind of feeling. I don't have a fear of all the homework and stuff because I some what enjoy it. (Crazy, huh?). But the best thing I can think of that I am gonna try to do is stay calm, and not go all out of my way to make friends. Try letting people come to you every once in a while. That's how you get true friends!

I just hope I am not the shortest girl in school...

Reactions: mo

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But the best thing I can think of that I am gonna try to do is stay calm, and not go all out of my way to make friends. Try letting people come to you every once in a while. That's how you get true friends!
My first day of High School I sat down in math class, turned to the person next to me, we both kinda smiled at the same time and just said hi. We ended up good friends for four years. Sometimes it's just that simple. Just smile and act approachable. :smile:

Actually I think the shortest girl in my class was one of the popular kids, lol. It's short boys who tend to have that problem more.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, you got a lot of good advice, hope it serves you well. Before too long you may go to college, and it'll be the same thing. Then starting a job, maybe get married, life will be full of "first times", which might mean breaking out of your comfort zone, meeting new people, getting used to new surroundings, etc. But stay true to yourself, and the next "first time" won't be so hard.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, it looks as if we are in the same boat! I'm going to be starting 9th grade next year, but I wouldn't say I'm "nervous". It's more of an "Is anyone going to like me?" kind of feeling. I don't have a fear of all the homework and stuff because I some what enjoy it. (Crazy, huh?). But the best thing I can think of that I am gonna try to do is stay calm, and not go all out of my way to make friends. Try letting people come to you every once in a while. That's how you get true friends!

Join clubs, same will go for college. You'll be surrounded by like-minded people with the same interests. That's where virtually all my friends in high school (and now college) came from.

mo

Reaction score

OK, just don't mess stuff up and you'll be fine. Don't be the quiet loner and don't be the brash weirdo. Try to be yourself, don't be afraid to be yourself. Keep by people you know, or go to people who are easy to approach. Since your into acting, audition for the school play if they have one, you'll meet people who you can connect with. Don't be too anything. Unless you are too anything, than be that too anything, and you'll meet other people who are that too anything too. Don't freak out, don't slack off, don't do drugs. And being short isn't bad, you could be ugly. I'm a little tired...does it show? Good luck :smile:

Weirdo96

Reaction score
Starting this Wednesday, I'll become a senior in high school. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about going back. Every year, I get the same anxieties while I'm at school. I often worry about failing my classes and it's the only place where I feel like I have to hide my love for the Muppets. And since I'm only a year away from graduating, there's all the pressure about what I'm gonna do after high school.

And for anyone wondering, no, I don't know why I have to go back to school on a Wednesday.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Starting this Wednesday, I'll become a senior in high school. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about going back. Every year, I get the same anxieties while I'm at school. I often worry about failing my classes and it's the only place where I feel like I have to hide my love for the Muppets. And since I'm only a year away from graduating, there's all the pressure about what I'm gonna do after high school.

And for anyone wondering, no, I don't know why I have to go back to school on a Wednesday.
I think you should try to not hide you love for the Muppets as much as maybe before. The reason for that is the newest movie was such a hit for not just kids but people of many different ages. So I would use that to your advantage, but I would start out with something very small may a Muppet pin, or key chain. See how everyone acts about that, then if you get a positive reaction let your love show a little bit more.
As far as you failing your classes your on your own there once I graduated I forgot everything I ever learned.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
Today's my first day back and I'm going to into Middle school. Its only for an hour cuz I have some sort of band meeting/Band practice but I'm nervous. Can y'all give me some tips?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Today's my first day back and I'm going to into Middle school. Its only for an hour cuz I have some sort of band meeting/Band practice but I'm nervous. Can y'all give me some tips?
The only advice I can give is don't worry. Everyone gets nervous on their first day at a new place.