West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It's not a crossover, it's a sequel, that apparently came out this year...

Here's what netflix says:

Trying to win back his girlfriend, Larry volunteers at her afterschool program, where he accidentally spills the truth about the Tooth Fairy. Suddenly outfitted with his own tutu, wings and magic wand, Larry must fill the job himself as punishment.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
sequelitis is growing overseas now in the uk we had a comedy film come out called nativity about schools puting on a children nativity to see who nativity is the best and today i find out that a sequel coming out this year and all think was why why do companies keep puting out sequels for films that don't need them

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actaully think my own fanfic works better as a continuation since it's more of a T.V. series with Andy reading Bonnie stories he personally wrote as a child about the toys. Something like that would work much much much better. Or just the short films.
I'd love to see a Spinoff Buzz Lightyear of Star command Movie, but there's no doubt they'd toss the continuity of the cartoon series out the window. Seriously, X.R. would be awesome as a CGI character. other than that, only shorts, TV specials, and comic books would be able to hold side stories.

why why do companies keep puting out sequels for films that don't need them
I get when the movies make money, but there are those that just get DTV sequels when no one cared about the first one. I guess those movies do well on DVD when they hit discount, and there's money in it? Of course, and I say this all the time, with the advent of Redbox, I'm seeing crappy mockbusters and ugly CGI projects that look like they came off a home computer. That's probably why we're getting garbage DTV sequels.

A GOOD sequel continues a story we want continued. A bad one ruins a story we liked before.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, gee, we should have seen KICK-*** 2 coming, we really should have.

Okay, I haven't seen the original, I confess, but the fact that it has a sequel comes as absolutely no shock to me.

charlietheowl

Reaction score

Okay, I haven't seen the original, I confess, but the fact that it has a sequel comes as absolutely no shock to me.
I think I saw somewhere that Jim Carrey, star of Kick Donkey 2, has come out and condemned the film for being too violent and such and he won't be involved in the promotions for it. Good sign for a movie when one of its stars won't promote it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
He only said that following (I believe) the Sandy Hook shootings.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Because there was totally a comic book version of Kick *** 2? There are at least 3 KickAnus comics, I don't see how this is sequelitis so much as an adaption of another story.

I think I saw somewhere that Jim Carrey, star of Kick Donkey 2, has come out and condemned the film for being too violent and such and he won't be involved in the promotions for it. Good sign for a movie when one of its stars won't promote it.
I am exceedingly disappointed with Jim Carrey on this one. Everyone else involved in the movie thought he did an awesome job. Of all people in Hollywood, Jim should know that movies aren't a direct correlation between film violence and crazy people with access to guns. I liked his Funny or Die and all, but to come out and not support a movie that everyone involved wanted him in that's (possibly) one of the best things he did in years (He was freaking Awesome in Burt Wonderstone) is just a very disappointing action. Sure, we're all upset that Sandy Hook happened and nothing has come out of it to prevent that from happening again, but Carrey's beef is with idiot survivalist gun hoarders (the mother of the shooter was one) and politicians who are essentially hos for the NRA. Not a fantasy movie.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Did the Smurfs really do well enough for a sequel? O_0

That really was a terrible movie. And the design of the smurfs was gross...
I actually wondered that same thing. :confused: I know a lot of people were nostalgic for the show (I'm not, although my mother tells me I loved the show when I was a kid), but I thought even the diehard fans hated the movie.