We really need serious changes to the forum

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
We also need more mods. A forum this size cannot function with just two. I know some forums have a mod for one particular section of the site.

But it doesn't look like new mods are going to be added any time soon :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And considering it's really only one mod who kind of runs the place whenever he has the time to, while the other one rarely has the time to. Not to mention our commandant has a life and all, what MC really needs is additional moderation from people who actually have the time to do so, there's a number of people here who pop in regularly, and have been here for quite some time, so there's a number of people who could easily qualify.

It also would help if we had mods overseas as well, that way, activity could be monitored at all times.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
There are, certain individuals I would nominate for Junior/Asisstant Mod status. But all I can do is keep banning the jerks as they pop up, which is why your help in reporting the idiots—both reporting the posts or posting in the Spammers at MC thread—will continue to help with the fight against such trash.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm glad to know that the notifications are helping you, Ed. If there are other ways we can pitch in, please let us know!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yeah, I think this place could use a couple of extra mods to clean up after the spammers and trolls. One person can't do it all by themselves, it's just not fair to expect that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We need more mods, sure. But we also desperately need some changes to the format so said mods have an easier job.

I still think we should track this guy down. Not just ban him, but see if we have any legal options to get this guy taken care of.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! !!!! *Lobs Holy Hand Grenade at the ongoing flood of spambots. Where the heck is that IP blocker button? Seriously, yesterday and today, during the midnight-morning hours it's been a continuous rush of multiple spam accounts coming from this nilquepost jerk who I can't ban because of the elapsement of a Spam Cleaner button attached to that particular member's profile. And they're obvious spambots cause they have gibberish-based names. All they do is loiter around the New Members thread. If only we could get Phil to help by dropping the hammer on these turds, that'd be greatly appreciated.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I agree 101%. The amount of spam that's on here is appalling compared to other forums. Some forums have different mods for each section of the forum, I think that system works out pretty well. The problem is that nobody is volunteering to become a moderator. :concern:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I agree 101%. The amount of spam that's on here is appalling compared to other forums. Some forums have different mods for each section of the forum, I think that system works out pretty well. The problem is that nobody is volunteering to become a moderator. :concern:
People HAVE volunteered. I led a bit of a movement a while back asking for more mods. The problem is that...nothing is being done. All our cries for more mods are being ignored.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Maybe being a mod is too big a responsibility for them?