My Muppet Show App Discussion/Updates

Drtooth

Reaction score
As someone who HAS bought DLC content, not a lot mind you, I believe it is only a scam if you are forced to buy something to actually complete the game, or at least, make it nearly unwinnable. If its just a nice little extra that makes the game better, and someone has the money to buy it, that's their choice. I fail to see how its a scam when no one is forcing anyone to buy something. Though it could be possible borderline scam when the intent is to trick kids who don't know better to run up mommy's credit card. But then you should be smart enough to turn in app purchases off.

I would say though that the price for premium content in these kinds of games is absolutely insane compared to the amount of premium money you need to buy even the cheapest thing.
I see what you're getting at. I'm picking up on the reviewer's angry vibe that they force you to wait longer to "digitize" characters if you don't buy in game premium currency. I still call scam, because these games make their money from the in game premium purchases. And while entirely optional, there's something about special premium unlockable things and unfair paid advantages (like a sped up digitizing time) that gets my goat. This really seems like a game that demands that you pay for things if you want to have any fun. I'm sure the gizmos that make the characters the happiest are all premiums. I'd far rather buy a game and unlock things through playing it through multiple times than get a free game and unlock things through buying them.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That's normal for these kinds of games though. I don't see why everyone is getting so huffy over it.

This micromanagement (if you can even call it that) is a genre. Their main revenue is paying for premium content because they know people are impatient and want shiny things.

I also fail to see how someone who pays has a bigger advantage. This is not an online game. It's a single player game that you might be able to visit other people's stages, but ultimately, you are playing for yourself. There is no benefit to having something built faster other than you can buy things faster. I told really see how waiting a few hours is hurting the player. These are games that are MEANT to be played for maybe 5 minutes at most. These are NOT games that are supposed to keep you entertained for hours on end.

I play a number of these kinds of games and get along just fine without having to pay for premium stuff. Also, many of these games award you with premium money by doing certain tasks anyway.

I bet if this was another game that wasn't a popular franchise no one would be giving the paid for content a second thought, but because its Muppets and *gasp* Satan Disney, its automatically a scam. :rolleyes:

galagr

Reaction score
Here's a screenshot found in the app store.

galagr

Reaction score
I tried it out, and I kind of already sense a problem.

What Muppets' picture represents the app in the app store? Animal. What's the Muppet you receive first? Animal. What Muppet do they want you to feed first? Animal. What Muppet do you get the first item for? Animal.

What Muppet has the most undeserved popularity of all history of the Muppets yet they can't stop cramming down our throats? Animal.

galagr

Reaction score
With you on that one.

Why is Animal always flashing in the game? I'm always constantly having to buy him stuff. I'm going to go broke with that thing.

Yeah.... you know there's a problem when you see a *ahem* certain character twice before you even enter the game.

But I found out that in the tutorials that it doesn't matter what it says, you can reward any character (for example, the game told me to feed Animal, so I fed Rowlf. Huh...maybe know he knows how it feels to be left out. And who better to teach him than Rowlf?)

But, yeah, just because I don't like the MANY appearances of Animal in the game (and anywhere else for that matter), doesn't mean I don't like the game itself. The characters look surprisingly good digitally, and we even get a sneak peek at some of (I think) the new characters we are seeing in the new movie. Although, I'm not too excited about *MINOR SPOILERS...I THINK* a guy that claps and a duo of Miss Piggy fan-girls. But, I'll take what I can get. I'll take this app and get an great time out of playing it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Doesn't look like its for Android devices yet, or at least, not for the kindle.

Ah well, I think I'd rather play Simpsons Tapped Out. Which I am. Now THAT is a good one. It has character voices, a few short clips during the game, and a PLOT. That's unheard of for these games :stick_out_tongue:

galagr

Reaction score
Ah well, I think I'd rather play Simpsons Tapped Out. Which I am. Now THAT is a good one. It has character voices, a few short clips during the game, and a PLOT. That's unheard of for these games :stick_out_tongue:

Well, I think that The Simpsons has much more potential for one of these Sims-esque games than The Muppets do. The Simpsons has a large cast of recognizable characters (whereas the Muppets, where you get 10-15 main characters and the rest are obscure and backround characters), and many locations in which the characters can go and explore. The Simpsons has the Simpsons House, Kwik-E-Mart, Androids Dungeon, The Elementary School, etc. The Muppets really only have the theater, and the rest are just sets (Chef's Kitchen, Pigs in Space, etc.).

Though can't really argue with you on the plot standpoint. What's the plot in this game? To put on a show? To prevent Strangepork from taking over?