The Muppets and YouTube.com

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I found a pre-completed copy of a Twiddlebugs sketch, from before the voices were sped-up. I assume this is a "real" copy (as in nobody slowed down the actual footage) but I wonder how they obtained it. It's cool hearing how they really sounded like before the voices were sped-up (Papa and Mama Twiddlebug sound how I expected).
\
I believe someone was using a video-editing program to lower the voices. This doesn't come from a "real" copy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score

So glad footage from Here Come the Puppets was uploaded. I've been looking for footage online for years. At first I thought the reason I had trouble finding it was because it was listed as "Festival 1980", but then saw that it was actually uploaded today.

Is it just me or does it sound like Sweetums is voiced by Jim Henson in that first scene, even though Jim is performing Kermit there?

Judging by Oscar introducing Bruno as his "new chauffer", I wonder if that means that Bruno made his debut in the 1980-1981 season (or perhaps 1979-1980, he could still be introduced as new at that point). It's interesting how when Caroll is about to make Bruno talk he has a bit of trouble moving Oscar's mouth (and even moving Bruno's mouth a little when Oscar speaks). Funny that Oscar commented on the controls to the mouth. It looks like Oscar just grabbed the wire to pull the mouth open (though you can't see his hand that well at that point). I'll have to watch the ending to Follow That Bird again soon to see if his hand is visible when Bruno talks.

This is probably the worst Henson example of performers dressed in black in front of a black background. In pretty much everything else from the Henson Company that required a black background, you can't see the performers too well (though there are instances where you can see them a little, like in "Octopuses Garden" and "Disco Frog". Here, you can obviously see the perfomers. It could be from too much lighting, but at times it seems they didn't even try to hide them, having the black-suit performers come out in front of characters, making it more obvious.

I assumed all of the Muppet footage was spread out, but here it looks like it was all in one grouping. The time code seems to be consistent, though the time code could have been added after all the Muppet footage was edited together here. Most Muppet acts seem to segue into the next one in some way (whether the same music is still playing before the next scene or if it's introduced). There's a few parts that don't have this, though.

Still, I'm so happy to have seen this. I had heard that Jim Henson hosted this, would have been great to have seen his hosting segments.

I believe someone was using a video-editing program to lower the voices. This doesn't come from a "real" copy.
I thought about that, but the movements seem to be the same as the broadcast version (unless they slowed down the audio and dubbed over a video copy at normal speed) and I've seen another video of that that refers to slow speed, which is longer and the characters sound like they are talking slower (here it seems they are talking at a normal pitch). I wonder if I should find a broadcast version and compare the time listed.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Music Hath Charms" on the Hollywood Palace:

(Skip to around 9:50)

muppet maniac

Reaction score
PortAventura, a theme park in Spain, has a Sesame Street (or Barrio Sesamo as it's known there) area with live shows including this one:

Same show, filmed from a different angle.

At one point during the Can-Can number (at the end), I'm just waiting for some uptight American prude to scream "Won't somebody please think of the children?!!"

Oh wait...

:stick_out_tongue::rolleyes:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Rock 'n Roll Monster" on the Ed Sullivan Show, with Ed's original, misnamed intro (it was redubbed on the Muppets Magic DVD)