My first 'real' replica!

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Ok so a friend of mine who i work with saw a few photos of some of my builds and asked if i could make a 'muppet style' replica of her resl life dog!.. Sure i said!!!
So here is my work in progress...
First up, a pic of her actual dog -

And my work so far...

This is my first "real" replica and want to do a good job So any tips would be great :smile:

Animal31

Reaction score
What a beautiful dog! Is it a full pitbull or a boxer mix? I think the detail you've put into this is great! The only suggestion I have is to remember the head size of this breed is huge (Not really something you would be able to really see in just one pic)! From the back to the front is almost a diamond shape, which makes it hard to fit them for a haulty, trust me, I know!

But what I am getting at is if you look at the pic, the head itself takes up much more of the space, the muzzle is much smaller and narrow. But I really can't wait to see the rest, nice job!

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Thanks Animal31.. Yes its a boxer cross with a pitpull, a really nice looking dog.. And HUGE haha!
Yea i agree that the snout should be narrower and come to more of a point. The eye placement has meant that the snout appears shorter in the finished head that what it looks in the uncovered foam skull which is more in keeping with the brief. This was the closest resemblence out of about 5 skulls i made haha. Not an exact copy tho granted :smile:

Animal31

Reaction score
Bottom line, is if the customer is happy, EVERYONE should be happy....HaHaHa

I love the color on the snout, great attention to the detail, you should be proud of him. I also have a Pit/Boxer mix, best family dog you could ask for, and the best babysitter when the kids are outside playing. I would love to make him as a puppet, but mine is brindle striped and much more difficult to match, but maybe someday...

Muppetlab

Reaction score
So far she (the "customer") is really happy.. It reminds her of him when he was a pup :smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Looks great.

I have thought about doing similar for my dogs but haven't got a clue where to start??

The are cocker spaniels. Mazey on the left is a worker female monty on the right is a show breed.

Chris

Pepperlover2123

Reaction score
Is there anyway possible that you could do a "Moe Cocker Dog" "Replica" from "Sesame Street?"

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Mouth detail added and working on some ears-

Muppetlab

Reaction score
In theory, yes, i could make one. But he is not currently on my list of future projects :smile: