When Will Muppet*Vision Be Removed

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Instead of Disney expanding Star Wars, how about a new Muppet ride? Disney only has one Muppet attraction and the Muppets are growing in populaty, so why not have a new Muppet ride?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why they can't do both. There's got to be something antiquated enough that doesn't have a bunch of fans that wouldn't be too upset if it was gone. Honey I Shrunk the Kids, probably as cool as it is, is a far from relevant movie.

I keep thinking of that Freakazoid episode where they keep telling Freakazoid that they closed down the boat ride at Disneyworld, and he keeps crying over it.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
sad to think Disney was meant to have more muppety things like the great muppet movie ride or the gonzo pizza parlour that was planned before Jim passed away hopefully something in the future

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Since the topic here is about Muppet-Vision 3D (which will NOT be removed!) I thought I'd update you with what's going on with that building these days.

They've been having really cool events going on in there. Every night, there is a special screening of 'Muppet Christmas Carol' for the 'Annual Passport' holders, as a part of their 'Muppet Christmas in July'.
I've seen the movie a million times, but how cool would it be to see it up on the big screen in a Muppet theater?

If anyone here is an annual passholder in the LA area, make sure you head down there before August!

momble

Reaction score
According to Disboards the Muppet Vision experience HAS now closed at Hollywood studios Florida BUT it's only closed for about 6 weeks for a re-furb :smile:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hmm..After searching, it turns out MV3D is going for refurbishment in WDW. Not closing permanently, of course.

And I wouldn't believe any of the news for California for a while. If it were true, we would've heard it from more reliable sources.

Mickey

Reaction score
Muppet 3d in Disneyland will be closing in early 2014. This was confirmed to me by six different employee's this past weekend. (Sept 7th, 2013)

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Hmm..After searching, it turns out MV3D is going for refurbishment in WDW. Not closing permanently, of course.

And I wouldn't believe any of the news for California for a while. If it were true, we would've heard it from more reliable sources.
Does any
one know what they are refurbishishing?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Muppet 3d in Disneyland will be closing in early 2014. This was confirmed to me by six different employee's this past weekend. (Sept 7th, 2013)
We'll just have to wait and see. There's always a possibility that the info they shared came from unreliable unofficial sources like MiceChat.