Cookie Monster allergic to peanut butter cookies

Neros Urameshi

Reaction score
I keep hearing info that somewhere in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, Cookie Monster said he is allergic to peanut butter cookies. I've been looking for that segment on Youtube and on my movie, and I found no sign or even a mentioning of Cookie Monster allergic to peanut butter cookies. Is it supposed to be a joke or something ? :skeptical:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess, because nowhere in the special does he ever mention being allergic to peanut butter cookies.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I keep hearing info that somewhere in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, Cookie Monster said he is allergic to peanut butter cookies. I've been looking for that segment on Youtube and on my movie, and I found no sign or even a mentioning of Cookie Monster allergic to peanut butter cookies. Is it supposed to be a joke or something ? :skeptical:
It's false, like the Barney and Friends episode that said "A stranger is a friend you've never met". I think I saw that episode when I was a baby, and don't remember much. Then again, my early childhood memories aren't good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's false, like the Barney and Friends episode that said "A stranger is a friend you've never met". I think I saw that episode when I was a baby, and don't remember much. Then again, my early childhood memories aren't good.
I never got that. How did a line from a The Simpsons song (specifically the "Streetcar Named Desire" musical) get stuck with Barney?

This allergic to peanut butter thing makes no sense. Peanut Butter allergies were not that common (at least to the point where it's as widely reported and diagnosed as today) back in the 70's.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
And in the early days, there's clips of him drinking milk, so he's not lactose-intolerant, either.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I never got that. How did a line from a The Simpsons song (specifically the "Streetcar Named Desire" musical) get stuck with Barney?

This allergic to peanut butter thing makes no sense. Peanut Butter allergies were not that common (at least to the point where it's as widely reported and diagnosed as today) back in the 70's.
I guess an Anti-Barney fan made that quote in order to have parents not let their kids watch the show.
On topic with the "Cookie Monster is allergic to peanut butter cookies" thing, I looked it up, and it appears that you got this info from Wikipedia. Well, I have something to tell you about that: Wikipedia isn't a reliable source. For example, on Disney DVD pages, some people will put something saying that Song Of The South will be coming out on DVD and Blu-ray "next year", the Furby page said that the 2005 movie "Furby Island" aired on The Hub in 2012 when it only aired on Nickelodeon and NickToons in 2005 and 2006, and on the Garfield and Friends page, someone said it aired on NickToons in the United Kingdom from 2008 through 2009, when only Nickelodeon's main channel aired the program in the late 90's in the United States and the United Kingdom. In fact, my eighth grade Social Studies teacher was against using Wikipedia due to unreliable info on there, such as "Hitler loved the circus".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heheheh...

Hitler probably did enjoy the circus. At the very least, he enjoyed drawing Disney characters (terribly). That's the worst thing I ever found out about him. He's the world's evilest fan artist.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I guess an Anti-Barney fan made that quote in order to have parents not let their kids watch the show.
On topic with the "Cookie Monster is allergic to peanut butter cookies" thing, I looked it up, and it appears that you got this info from Wikipedia. Well, I have something to tell you about that: Wikipedia isn't a reliable source. For example, on Disney DVD pages, some people will put something saying that Song Of The South will be coming out on DVD and Blu-ray "next year", the Furby page said that the 2005 movie "Furby Island" aired on The Hub in 2012 when it only aired on Nickelodeon and NickToons in 2005 and 2006, and on the Garfield and Friends page, someone said it aired on NickToons in the United Kingdom from 2008 through 2009, when only Nickelodeon's main channel aired the program in the late 90's in the United States and the United Kingdom. In fact, my eighth grade Social Studies teacher was against using Wikipedia due to unreliable info on there, such as "Hitler loved the circus".

Incorrect/vandal edits on Wikipedia are usually cleaned up within a short time of their addition. Minor pages that one one would ever read like that Furby one aren't going to get as much attention, so the untruthful edits will go by unnoticed.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Incorrect/vandal edits on Wikipedia are usually cleaned up within a short time of their addition. Minor pages that one one would ever read like that Furby one aren't going to get as much attention, so the untruthful edits will go by unnoticed.
A long time ago, I remember seeing a very scathing rant on the 4kids article about their dubbing practices, and referring to Abby Cadabby as a "****-in-training" (an S-word for a promiscuous woman, BTW) on her character page. I fixed up both.

Neros Urameshi

Reaction score
I knew there isn't such a thing as Cookie Monster allergic to peanut butter cookies. That's why I permanently fixed that mistake on Wikipedia.