Rare "Cracks" animation from 1970's Sesame Street

Drtooth

Reaction score
They seem to really hate "You can clean almost anything" as even in the iTunes version of an episode that had it replaces it.

Something tells me that if the episode with Crack Master were to pop up, they just might have altered it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Those segments are great and seem harmless, and I've wondered why those were cut, but last night it suddenly hit me that maybe Noggin cut them because the adults didn't wear helmets.
They most likely have been cut for time, since these were shows that previously aired on a commercial-free network.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They most likely have been cut for time, since these were shows that previously aired on a commercial-free network.

There's that as well, but since segments were repeated in multiple episodes, it'd make more sense to cut segments that show up in other episodes that the channel was airing. And if there's a need to edit something for content, then that helps in choosing what to cut.

wiley207

Reaction score
I am also wondering if maybe this segment was on the infamous "Wicked Witch of the West" episode from 1976? The segment probably did exist back then, and it could have been added to compliment the fear curriculum.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am also wondering if maybe this segment was on the infamous "Wicked Witch of the West" episode from 1976? The segment probably did exist back then, and it could have been added to compliment the fear curriculum.

I have wondered that recently. Though I looked back at the program guide page that was shown in this thread and the educational lesson mentioned for Crack Master was "Divisive Thinking" (whatever that means) as opposed to fear.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I will say that while listening to the episode of the DJ Food podcast from 2004 (where I found the English audio for "Spinning Wheel"), there was one track that I initially suspected to be the Crack Master skit, based on the haunting background music and a woman's voice bellowing out "Giraffe". Turned out it was actually from a film showing footage of a giraffe (this sketch I'm not sure has been uploaded on to Youtube yet). I looked at the description for Crack Master again on the Lost Media Wiki and there was no mention of a giraffe in it. Sigh, and I was about to get all excited.

That said, the real question is where is Jon Armond these days? He has the clip, he's had it for four years now, and there's no word on how his "documentary" is going. I sent him an email twice, and no reply. Does he even remember who it was that gave him the clip?
I find it very odd that the person at Sesame Workshop wouldn't elaborate on why they can't release it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That said, the real question is where is Jon Armond these days? He has the clip, he's had it for four years now, and there's no word on how his "documentary" is going. I sent him an email twice, and no reply. Does he even remember who it was that gave him the clip?
I find it very odd that the person at Sesame Workshop wouldn't elaborate on why they can't release it.
At this point, it's obvious he's lying. Contractually obligated not to show it? Fishy. He probably never had it. Someone who had the documentary they would have got from him via e-mail would have leaked it on Youtube, no matter how much of a promise they'd make. So therefore, he never actually gave it to anyone.

Mr Snrub

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
If he isn't lying, he's got a crapload of walls around him from releasing that video on some format. It's exceedingly suspicious that he can't release it to any format. Somehow it sounds like he hasn't given anyone the documentary soundtrack via e-mail (someone else would mention what it sounds like or would have posted it on youtube against his wishes)... and I don't see why he's also expressly forbidden to so much as give some screen caps.

If he isn't lying, he's really giving everyone a run around. Maybe we have to find out who he signed that alleged contract with and send him the petition.