Your Thoughts: "The Muppet Movie" Soundtrack CD Re-release

What is your favorite song from The Muppet Movie soundtrack?

• Rainbow Connection

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Movin' Right Along

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Never Before, Never Again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never Before, Never Again (Instrumental)

• I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Can You Picture That?

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along (Instrumental)

• I'm Going To Go Back There Someday

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • America

• Animal...Come Back Animal (Instrumental)

• Finale: The Magic Store

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For the first time in 20 years, the entire soundtrack to The Muppet Movie is once again available to purchase on official CD and MP3 from Amazon and also available here on iTunes. (If you currently order the CD from Amazon, you'll receive the MP3 version free.) Thankfully, fans no longer have to pay $100+ for an original CD release of the beloved soundtrack.

The CD includes the entire original US album featuring original album art and an 8-page lyric book with an introduction by Paul Williams and color photos from the film.

If you've purchased The Muppet Movie soundtrack, please like this post.

SesameFever

Reaction score
Dose the new CD of The Muppet Movie Soundtrack have the original vinyl version or the first CD issue version of "Never Before Never Again". Thanks. Bob

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dose the new CD of The Muppet Movie Soundtrack have the original vinyl version or the first CD issue version of "Never Before Never Again". Thanks. Bob
The original US vinyl (1979) and original CD release (1993) both contain the US version of "Never Before, Never Again". This is the version included on the 2013 CD re-release.

The original UK vinyl (1979) had an alternate version of "Never Before, Never Again" included on that album that was similar to the original UK audio mix for the film.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Did they use the same cover, for the blu ray for the cd?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did they use the same cover, for the blu ray for the cd?
Yes, surprisingly the CD includes the original album art (as seen below) and an 8-page lyric book with an introduction by Paul Williams and color photos from the film.

SesameFever

Reaction score
The original US vinyl (1979) and original CD release (1993) both contain the US version of "Never Before, Never Again". This is the version included on the 2013 CD re-release.

The original UK vinyl (1979) had an alternate version of "Never Before, Never Again" included on that album that was similar to the original UK audio mix for the film.
Thanks.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I should be getting mine in the mail today (along with the movie on Blu-ray). I'm really excited! I've wanted the full soundtrack for quite some time now, it was cool that some of the songs got released on the "Music, Mayhem, and More!" CD but it's always nice to have the full soundtrack.

It would be great if Disney would re- release the soundtracks for Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's weird that they put the original cover on the soundtrack reissue but not the blu-ray (also weird they didn't just use the blu-ray cover for the soundtrack).

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's weird that they put the original cover on the soundtrack reissue but not the blu-ray (also weird they didn't just use the blu-ray cover for the soundtrack).
You may call it weird, but I call it wonderful.

In all seriousness, it's just fantastic having the Muppets best-selling album of all-time on CD with the original Michael Frith album art. The rainbow on the cover has a shimmering screen print which makes it look fantastic. It has to be seen in person to be fully appreciated.