Your Thoughts: "The Muppet Movie" Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I wish I could say how awesome the release is, but it seems that Australia will be getting it last...again. Anyone know about the release date?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't have a Blu-Ray player yet, but I'm thinking of picking this up in advance of my purchasing a BRPlayer, (I have to get one eventually, right?)

I wanted to point out, that if you enter your code for the Muppet Movie on Blu-Ray during the first week of it's release, you'll get double the points. So hurry!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have debated over whether to get this release or not. Oddly enough, I feel more sold on it for the Doc Hopper commercial over the camera test.

At first I thought the commercial was an extended version of the scene, before figuring it's probably just the commercial in full screen as opposed to on TVs in the film, meaning we get to see the thing better (and if the sequence has any reaction shots where we don't see the TVs, and I can't remember off-hand, then we get to see those parts). Though I read in one review that this version of the scene still has vocals from Kermit and Fozzie even though they're not shown (so Jim and Frank provided voices as reactions when the scene was filmed/tapped as opposed to having them make reactions while they were filming them watching the commercial?).

I wonder why the camera test was shorter on the first DVD release (did they just happen to find a longer version?). I haven't even seen much of the camera test. I started watching it on YouTube some time ago (I think it was before the features were even announced) but never got around to watching all of it.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Favorite moment of the screen test:

:embarrassed:: Hold on Kermit, Sweetums let loose the rabbits
:smile:: You let loose the rabbits?
:grr:: Sweetums Sorry, It's just...
:embarrassed:: Oh, he killed four of them
:smile:: YOU KILLED FOUR OF THEM?!?!?
:embarrassed:: Never mind, they were faking

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
Just to make sure, does anyone know if the DVD has the same bonus features (including the camera test) as the Blu-ray?