What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Treasure Island is a complete improvement over MCC. I do like MCC, but it seems the Muppet part of that is mostly window dressing. I really like Gonzo and Rizzo as narrators (though the guy who wrote the comic book Muppet Snow White did an even better job), and Kermit and Piggy's portions were sweet, it just lacks something during longer periods. Fozziewig's Rubber Chicken factory would have been a nice touch. But they were just mentioned in passing. Seems to me, they could have just used the creature shop and made a straightforward adaption and it would have been roughly the same effect.

Now, MTI manages to be very Muppety, even though it's carried by the newer pirate characters. The songs are wackier, the gags are far closer to the Muppets (especially the tourist rats), and over all, it feels more like a Muppet movie. Still think they should have got someone else to play Jim Hawkins... but you can't hate Tim Curry. He needs to work with the Muppets far more often.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
MFS is a exercise in carelessness. The director was a hack, no one liked filming it.
I have to tell you. The Muppeteers actually liked working on that film. Peter Linz says he had fun making it. However it seems they didn't like working with Jeffery Tambor judging by this:

The only project the Muppeteers hated working on was the Studio DC specials. Personally, I don't hate any of the Muppet movies.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I have to tell you. The Muppeteers actually liked working on that film. Peter Linz says he had fun making it. However it seems they didn't like working with Jeffery Tambor judging by this:

The only project the Muppeteers hated working on was the Studio DC specials. Personally, I don't hate any of the Muppet movies.
They were probably kidding about Tambor.

Do you have a source for the Muppeteers not liking working on Studio DC?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
They were probably kidding about Tambor.

Do you have a source for the Muppeteers not liking working on Studio DC?
When I saw Steve Whitmire at the CPA, he said, "We did these specials for the Disney Channel, which the Muppets don't fit into in my opinion. I mean, Miley Cyrus and all the other DC stars are great, but when we put the Muppets with them, it's like the Muppets are better actors then them, so it didn't really work out. I mean, it was fun, but it didn't really work out."

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to tell you. The Muppeteers actually liked working on that film. Peter Linz says he had fun making it.
The newer string puppeteers seemed like they had a good time. Certainly Bill was having a ball opposite Jeffery Tambor. But there were a LOT of problems with the film. They went through so many script changes and 2 directors. I don't see why Brian didn't step in. There was just a complete feeling of indifference about the movie on the parts of Henson and Sony (hence the . But if there's one person who really hated working on it, it was Joey Mazzarino watching all of his brilliant additions of the script (including the GOOD ending) get thrown away by the second director. He rants about it in an interview on Tough Pigs that I'm too lazy to drag out.

But I did enjoy the film, myself. I just dislike the fact it could have been so much better, and the director ruined its potential.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When I saw Steve Whitmire at the CPA, he said, "We did these specials for the Disney Channel, which the Muppets don't fit into in my opinion. I mean, Miley Cyrus and all the other DC stars are great, but when we put the Muppets with them, it's like the Muppets are better actors then them, so it didn't really work out. I mean, it was fun, but it didn't really work out."
Lol, I love that he said that.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
One of my problems with MWoZ is that the Muppeteers don't sound like they're having fun. I love the earlier Muppet stuff because the Muppeteers sound like they're genuinely enjoying themselves, the chemistry is great. Some of the more recent productions don't have that same level of fun that TMS had.

(I don't know if they enjoyed working on MWoZ or not. Maybe they did, because there was some improvisation. )

Princeton

Reaction score
The painfully shoehorned Ed Koch cameo in MTM. Didn't the filmmakers know that Koch wouldn't be mayor forever (thankfully)? Making it such a point to include him locks the movie in the early 80's. Same with the Hulk Hogan and Dawson's Creek cameos in MFS. Though, the MFS cameos are not as big a deal YET. But trust me, in 20 years they're gonna stick out in a big bad way.