Your Thoughts: "The Muppet Movie" Soundtrack CD Re-release

What is your favorite song from The Muppet Movie soundtrack?

• Rainbow Connection

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Movin' Right Along

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Never Before, Never Again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never Before, Never Again (Instrumental)

• I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Can You Picture That?

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • I Hope That Somethin' Better Comes Along (Instrumental)

• I'm Going To Go Back There Someday

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • America

• Animal...Come Back Animal (Instrumental)

• Finale: The Magic Store

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I have my copy oh my wow do the songs sound better then on the 2005 50th anniversary edition dvd

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Got my copy here yesterday. The UK version is in the usual plastic jewel case with a pullout booklet. It still sounds great though, even after 35 years. It's a great price too. Got mine delivered for only £6.99
The text by Paul Williams is great to read too. Few new nuggets of information in there?? Strange that the cd has been released in the UK but not the blu ray yet?? Anyone know a UK date?? Even though I already have it from the USA!!

Chris

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Amazon hasn't sent my copy yet, but I can't wait for it to arrive! I've wanted this for years! :smile:

In the poll above I voted for 'Rainbow Connection', as it's a classic, but at the moment I think my favorite is 'Never before, never again'. But then again, I love all the songs!

The UK version is in the usual plastic jewel case with a pullout booklet.
Is this the same this the US release?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
The original US vinyl (1979) and original CD release (1993) both contain the US version of "Never Before, Never Again". This is the version included on the 2013 CD re-release.

The original UK vinyl (1979) had an alternate version of "Never Before, Never Again" included on that album that was similar to the original UK audio mix for the film.
Any chance of you playing both versions next to each other at a set time on Muppet Central radio, so we all can compare them?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Amazon hasn't sent my copy yet, but I can't wait for it to arrive! I've wanted this for years! :smile:

In the poll above I voted for 'Rainbow Connection', as it's a classic, but at the moment I think my favorite is 'Never before, never again'. But then again, I love all the songs!

Is this the same this the US release?
I think the USA version is in a card folding sleeve, the rainbow has a glossy ink so it shimmers in the light. Which sounds really nice. I might have to get the USA version too?? It is my fave soundtrack of all time after all. And I already have the UK 1979 lp, USA 1979 lp, the 7" singles, the 90's cd and now this new release!

Chris

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I think the USA version is in a card folding sleeve, the rainbow has a glossy ink so it shimmers in the light. Which sounds really nice. I might have to get the USA version too?? It is my fave soundtrack of all time after all. And I already have the UK 1979 lp, USA 1979 lp, the 7" singles, the 90's cd and now this new release!

Chris
I'd love to have the LPs too. I think I might have to start collecting all the different releases of this soundtrack!

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I think the USA version is in a card folding sleeve, the rainbow has a glossy ink so it shimmers in the light. Which sounds really nice.
Could someone post a photo of the US release, so I can see it?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I think this is the alternate UK album version, not 100% sure though and haven't got access to a record player to check at the moment.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Chris

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I think this is the alternate UK album version, not 100% sure though and haven't got access to a record player to check at the moment.

Check out this video on YouTube:

Chris
Well done on finding that!

SesameFever

Reaction score
Is the new UK CD the same as the original UK LP? If so can somebody please upload it for me. Thanks.