Your Thoughts: "The Muppet Movie" Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I can't wait for my copy to arrive. This Blu-Ray looks better each time I read about it. I'm so excited! :smile:

Ah, so the DVD doesn't have the camera tests?
The 2001 Sony/Columbia DVD release had them, but not the Disney DVD. Plus the version on the Blu-Ray is extended!

I wish I could say how awesome the release is, but it seems that Australia will be getting it last...again. Anyone know about the release date?
As far as I know there aren't any plans to release it anyway apart from in the US (for now at least), which is why I've ordered it from there (I live in the UK).

Edit: Looks like I might me wrong, as Germany is getting it in 3 months. http://www.amazon.de/The-Muppet-Movie-Blu-ray/dp/B00EEW5CL2 You might get is soon in Australia, as The Muppet Christmas Carol was released there in December 2012, and there still hasn't been a UK release.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I can't wait for my copy to arrive. This Blu-Ray looks better each time I read about it. I'm so excited! :smile:

The 2001 Sony/Columbia DVD release had them, but not the Disney DVD. Plus the version on the Blu-Ray is extended!

As far as I know there aren't any plans to release it anyway apart from in the US (for now at least), which is why I've ordered it from there (I live in the UK).

Edit: Looks like I might me wrong, as Germany is getting it in 3 months. http://www.amazon.de/The-Muppet-Movie-Blu-ray/dp/B00EEW5CL2 You might get is soon in Australia, as The Muppet Christmas Carol was released there in December 2012, and there still hasn't been a UK release.
Thank you for having a look! I appreciate it. I would order it online, but my parents refuse to put their credit cards details on the net, so I'll just have to play the waiting game.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Thank you for having a look! I appreciate it. I would order it online, but my parents refuse to put their credit cards details on the net, so I'll just have to play the waiting game.
I hope it gets released over there soon for you.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
For some reason, I can't find this release ANYWHERE where I live. All the websites have them listed, but they don't actually have them in the stores. I've been to four different DVD/Blu-Ray sellers (Walmart, Videotron, HMV, Toys R Us,) and still can't find them.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
So far I've seen the DVD, not much to be seen though, but the new menu is cool I guess.

Is the DVD also restored? I've noticed that the iTunes re-release was restored the same way the Blu-Ray was restored and it seems the DVD got no treatment. Weird. :confused: