My Muppet Show App Discussion/Updates

Slackbot

Reaction score
Huh. I finally got this app, and I find that you cannot play it offline. Since I don't have wi-fi at home, I can't play.

Oh well, Angry Birds is fun.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I went to the mall, which has wi-fi, and noodled around with this for a while. It's cute, but it'd be better if I could play it at home, so I could put it down when a long task is running and come back when it's done. Oh well. Anyhow, my code is 33322992KG, should you want to see my messy stage.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It's cute, but it'd be better if I could play it at home, so I could put it down when a long task is running and come back when it's done.
Weellll technically you can. You do not have to have the game running for it to run the timer for whatever it is you are doing. You can go somewhere with wifi, start it, do whatever you need to do, exit the game and leave. Return later to someplace with wifi after the time is up and there you go.

Unless I misunderstood what you mean

Slackbot

Reaction score
You misunderstood what I mean. That's good advice, letting the timer run between game sessions, and that's what I've done. However, what I mean is instead if having to go somewhere for the purpose of mooching Wi-fi, and having, say, an hour to play, if I could play in little bits and drabs at home, all casual-like, I could get more done with less time-killing. Say I had three sequential one-hour tasks, I could start one, go off and rip up some ostrich feathers, log back in, start the next, go hot-glue those feathers down, check back in, and so on. I could do it in the background. I don't often feel like going somewhere for the express reason of playing a game.

(Also, breeding Muppets is weird.)

matleo

Reaction score
I've gotten Beaker and Zoot but have had a heck of a time getting Rizzo or Walter. Also been trying for the last week. Have truthfully lost some interest in the game.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I did too. I'm using the correct combinations and they purposely give me the wrong Muppets. I've lost interest in waiting three hours at a time to see that I got another Jax Strumley. I will not spend my diamonds on that!

The annoying thing is, you can't cancel a digitization while it's in process. I already memorized all the Muppet's movements by now, so I can tell which is what during the digitization. When I realize it's the wrong combination, I can't cancel in middle of the process. :grr:

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
This app obviously must do something right because I do keep coming back to it pretty much everyday, though the "My Singing Monsters" mechanics do feel a touch shoehorned onto the Muppets. I've gotten into a pretty consistent pattern of loading it up once before lunch, and then again right before I go to bed. With all that time in between sessions, the timers don't ever really get in the way, even the twelve hour ones. It's not much of a game, but it is fun to keep track of.

Incidentally, I've found that's is pretty easy to tell if HARV-E is going to spit out the Muppet you want since the ones you're going for pretty much invariably take longer to load up than the wrong ones. When going for Gonzo or whoever, if you get a four hour wait time you know it won't be Gonzo, but if it's twelve hours, you know you've got him, before he ever even makes it to the digitizer. It doesn't actually save any time, of course, but at least you know right away...