Best singer?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I have never ever posted before... or is it just me that keeps bumping up old threads. Heh!

I know that every character of Fraggle Rock has their songs. All Fraggles, Doozers, and Gorgs have songs.

Mokey... gosh... she has a beautiful voice.

Red... boy she has some spunk and her songs either make me dance or feel sorry for her.

Gobo - let me tell you something Fraggle Rock fans. That Fraggle can sing and when he breaks into song, you know he's an all around great singer.

Wembley - I adore his voice. It does have a nasal quality to it, but he hits the right notes. He's my favorite! :coy:

So, those are my opinions!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
The best singer, in my opinion, has to be Gobo Fraggle. :smirk:
He sung great songs like "Follow Me", "Get Goin'", and "Petals of a Rose".

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
Mokey all the way! Every time I hear "Ragtime Queen", I'm a total puddle!
That was one of my mom's favorite Fraggle Rock songs! She loved Mokey, especially her singing voice. "Ragtime Queen" was one of her favorite Mokey songs, the other being "Show Me More" from the episode "A Brush With Jealousy."

animalrescuer

Reaction score
To me, they're all fantastic singers:
Mokey's voice is soft and gentle
Red's songs can be high energy or slow and sweet
Boober's had some great songs like "I'm Never Alone" and of course, "The Friendship Song" with Red
I love any song that Wembley sings because his voice is fantastic and yet pretty child-like, he is the youngest of the bunch after all
Gobo is the all-around singer, any song he sings, no matter what genre of music, is perfect!

However, I love the songs where they all get a chance to sing together like "Dream a Dream and See" and "Children of Tomorrow", those are among my favorite Fraggle Rock songs.

RumbleBug

Reaction score
I couldn't possibly pick one of the five as the "best singer," because each one sounds fantastic and has amazing songs specially suited to their style that make it impossible for me to choose just one.
So instead I'll just ramble about my love for each one as a singer!

Gobo: Gobo has the impressive ability to sing a very diverse array of songs with genres ranging from blues to rock and everything in between. He never fails to get my toes tapping with beats like "Fraggle Rock Rock" or to make me cry with the heartbreaking "Once Upon a Time (I Knew My Name). I also particularly love all of Gobo's traveling songs. There's nothing quite like getting in my car and as I'm driving jamming out to songs like "Travellin' Free" and "Only Way Home."

Wembley: Wembley definitely has great fun songs, like "Pukka Pukka Pukka Squeetily Boink." I love that nasally quality of his voice and I especially love it when he scats, grunts, and makes various percussion-like noises throughout songs. It's hard not to get caught up in his enthusiasm and energy. He also sounds so sweet and melancholy in "Brave Alone" that I just want to give him a hug.

Red: I love hearing Red be her energetic spunky self with songs like "Do it On My Own" and "Chase the Wind," but I also love it when she tones it down and shows her softer, sweeter side when she's feeling vulnerable like in "Dreaming of Someone" and "Afraid to be Afraid." Oh, and she's killer on those tongue twister songs, too.

Mokey: She has such a gorgeous lilting quality and tone to her voice that's impossible not to fall in love with! I always feel like I'm being swept away into a dream world with Mokey's ballads, like in "Sail Away." But Mokey's not just limited to ballads, as she performs beautifully on more uptempo songs as well, like "Just Don't Know What Time It Is."

Boober: I think that Boober's voice sounds as sweet and smooth as silky honey! I particularly love him in songs like "I'm Never Alone" and "The Friendship Song. And no one can sing the blues like Boober can!

So, in conclusion, I enjoy all of the five as singers equally and they're all fantastic in their own right!

Bridget

Reaction score
Bump? I would definitely have to say Gobo and Wembley. I admire Wembley's voice to a great extent however, because he can scat like a pro! Steve is so amazing when he sings as Wembley, and together, with Jerry, the two harmonize perfectly!

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
I go gobo. Jerry was such a talented singer and Gobo's song in the pilot gives me chills every time