The Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I don't think Sonic '06 is any worse than Sonic Heroes, Shadow, or Sonic Adventure. It's pretty much a rushed Sonic Adventure 3.

Still better than Sonic Adventure 7...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let's just say there was a lot of crap coming out of Atari at some point, but most of it wasn't the company's fault. But E.T. sure the heck was.

And I had it, sans manual. There's some youtube video somewhere that explains how to play it. It's so esoterically put together (you have to collect dashes in a certain order and wait at a certain point that look exactly like all the other points in the game), there's no way to actually win it without the programmers guiding you.

In all seriousness, Sonic '06 can't be worse than a game that is barely a game.

I still don't get that Crazy Bus game. It's certainly trying to prove that someone can program that on a Genisis's processor, but I still don't get why it exists.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't understand the hatred that Heroes gets. I loved Heroes. The only isue I had with it was that completing the game with four teams was incredibly tedious and Team Chaotix's missions were just...*twitch* It took me almost an HOUR to find all the torches in the castle level.

AquaGGR

Reaction score

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Sonic Lost World (the upcoming Sonic game) looks pretty nice. The fans are angry that it's exclusive to Nintendo systems, I can sort of understand that. Sonic games look nicer on the 360, anyway.

Some audio clips for SLW are a little dark for a Sonic game. Look it up.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Totally. I'll probably get the 3DS version since I dun have a Wii U. And after the frustration I had of connecting my ps3 to my tv with hdmi, I'm not sure I want to spend that much for a system only to have it give me a no signal error and not be able to play it.

Of course it could just be my ps3, as they are notorious for having hdmi connectivity problems. Eh. component cables work.

Lost Worlds...I don't understand why people are saying its like Mario Galaxy. It's more like a reboot and retooling of Sonic xtreme with better hardware.

On an unrelated note, Our avatars match.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
On an unrelated note, Our avatars match.
A Sonic/Dan Vs. crossover just came to mind. That would be an awesome (albeit weird) game.

Totally. I'll probably get the 3DS version since I dun have a Wii U.
I'm probably getting the 3DS version as well. The Wii U doesn't seem to do anything that the 3DS, Wii, PS3, PS4, Xbone, and 360 already do.
Lost Worlds...I don't understand why people are saying its like Mario Galaxy. It's more like a reboot and retooling of Sonic xtreme with better hardware.
They love comparing every Sonic game to a different game so they can say "New Sonic game is ripping off [x]", similar to the "Sonic Colors is a SMG rip-off" thing. Can't we just be happy a Sonic game is coming out?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
The entire Sonic the Hedgehog series is from the POV of the villain, which is actually Sonic. Dr. Eggman/Robotnik is the hero, who is trying to make the world a better place, but Sonic and his furry friends keep ruining them. He became fed up and started to use violence against him, but to no avail. AoStH is obvious proof of this.

Dr. Eggman started to use very bizarre tactics against the speedy hedgehog. He posed as a unlicensed bootleg game company and made several notoriously poor Sonic games for the Game Boy, in an attempt to ruin his reputation amongst fans. He also snuck into the SEGA headquarters and deleted much of the coding of Sonic '06, causing the game to be full of bugs. The excuse that the game was rushed for Christmas was just a cover-up by SEGA, knowing they wouldn't be able to patch the game in time.

Dr. Eggman also started the fancharacter craze, after uploading a recolored Sonic X screenshot on DeviantART under a pseduonym. He also posted several fanfics on the internet. This was all to ruin Sonic's reputation. It worked, somewhat.

Dr. Eggman created multiple accounts on every Sonic forum, and created several Sonic fan stereotypes. Most of the arguing that goes on in Sonic websites is mostly just Eggman arguing with himself.

Sonic and all his friends are villains or off-and-on with being good or evil. The only non-villain is Tails, because Tails is totally radical, dude. His gnarly-ness level is so extreme that he single handedly earned three-million dollars, started a successful car dealership, destroyed half of Mars (and restored it), made a breakfast burrito in under three minutes, and figured out how to disable ads completely on YouTube and restore the layout to back when YouTube was totally tubular.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
So there are three main Sonic forums, the official SEGA one, SSMB, and Sonic Retro. The official SEGA one has lots of pointless bickering, SSMB has somewhat less, and Sonic Retro has lots of giant walls of text.