Can we do something about posting for posts sake?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I think that as long children under 13 aren't being bothersome on the website, it is fine for them to go on. (Of course with parents permission.) I joined this website under 13, and I don't think I was a bother… (hopefully, haha)

But I don't think it's necessary to tell others to leave the site because they are 12, even if they aren't doing anything wrong.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Responding to a post with only "cool", "yeah", "good", et cetera is pretty much the same as TL;DR (at least that's how people feel when they see that happen).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
But at the same time, it irritates other people as they see an alert and all it is is 'ok.' They just wasted their time over nonsense. There is A LIKE feature on this forum for a reason. Instead of saying I agree and just that, people can just press the like button and not post. It means the same thing as saying "i agree" and adding nothing to it.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
As I mentioned before, the "like" option does serve a purpose. With it, the simplistic "yeah" replies aren't needed. "Liking" a comment can make a person feel "wanted" just as much as a one to two-worded reply.
Edit: Ziffled.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hexactly. If you wonder who the person or persons carrying out the pernicious behavior are, then ask via private conversations.

*Bares fangs, I vouldn't vaste a bite on such a hollow mark. :batty: :scary:

You're noticing that now? Can't get anything past good ol' Snowthmeiser. Anything he touched, turns to pink punch in his clutch, he's too much.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Collapses into coffin bed. You remember that sketch from Hysteria! with the "evil" authors destroying all the works deemed inferior, like the samurai hacking long volumes to shredded ribbons? Now I know how that guy felt, after taking a flame-thrower to the fics area of the forum to remove a small ton of spammage. Seriously people... Are we going to have to lock down the FanFiction section like what was done with the Games folder after the flood of 2004/2005? Will we have to make it MC's version of the Restricted Section from Hogwart's main library, where people are only allowed to add their fics with a mod's approval in opening the thread for them? Yeah, that's something I rully relish, the incoming avalanche of requests from everybody for me to post new threads for them. *Sarcastic voice*

Please tell the forum administration to step up and effectively delete both the offending parties' accounts and posts all at once cause things can't continue the way they are with only a skeleton crewman trying to clean up the muck. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But at the same time, it irritates other people as they see an alert and all it is is 'ok.' They just wasted their time over nonsense. There is A LIKE feature on this forum for a reason. Instead of saying I agree and just that, people can just press the like button and not post. It means the same thing as saying "i agree" and adding nothing to it.
The problem is, while it's mildly annoying in a regular thread, it's hair pulling when it's a thread based on a project or movie or something that hasn't had any updates in a while. And, let's face it... between Disney, SW, and Henson we get a LOT of those. A new post in a thread about a project that's been dormant will automatically look like there's some update. be it news it's going to happen, not going to happen, or specifics of why it's not happening or remaining stagnant. Then you see either "cool" (uncapitalized) or "I can't wait for [dead project]" or anything that just keeps a thread going that shouldn't.

Also, drudging up posts, sometimes decades old without adding anything to the conversation (there are those who do find old threads, but manage to start the conversation up again), and just saying a couple monosyllabic responses. That clutters up the forum. Then there's now the opposite problem... multiple threads on the same subject. Now, that's understandable if someone doesn't want to go looking for posts pages and pages deep. And it happens every time we have a new major project. We've got several MMW threads going at once. That's confusing, sure... but it happens. Then there's one member who kept posting the same thing about the same skit in at least 3 or 4 threads all there on the same page, like it's so important that we know about it. Yeah, it sucks when you want to have a conversation and everyone ignores you, but posting it three or 4 times when no one has any useful information.... that's a waste of everyone's time and clutters up the forum.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Some of these "spammers" aren't getting the hint, are blissfully unaware of their barrage of spam-flavored muffins they're throwing, or are actually just trolling and doing it for the lolz.

Maybe someone could PM them about the issue.