Are the Buddies Ever Gonna be Put to Sleep?

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is what happens when you take away the DTV sequels of animated movies. They have to resort to live action ones.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Incidentally I have been writing an original sequel to the Disney movie Pinocchio that revolves around the Coachman of Pleasure Island getting his long overdue just desserts. I only have the epilogue to go but seriously I wish Disney had already done something like that themselves.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
We can all agree on this. The original Air Bud sequels were basically "look what other sport we can get a dog to play." That was the only reason those were made.

The Buddies were a lame spinoff to fill the quota of lame talking dog movies featuring the same talking dog cliches that 4 year olds love, and everyone else wishes grievous harm on everyone involved.

Seriously. ENOUGH with the 15 year old rap slang rappers used only once before out of touch 50 year old white people started using it.
With all the movies they make like Spooky Buddies I think they should sell them to Warner Brothers and then call them Scooby's kids....that's how farfetched they seem....

AquaGGR

Reaction score
- Air Bud
- Air Bud: Golden Receiver
- Air Bud: World Pup
- Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch
- Air Bud: Spikes Back
- Air Buddies
- Snow Buddies
- Space Buddies
- Santa Buddies
- Spooky Buddies
- Treasure Buddies
- Super Buddies
- Santa Paws
- Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups

...I'm glad a lot of people here are tired of dog movies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
With all the movies they make like Spooky Buddies I think they should sell them to Warner Brothers and then call them Scooby's kids....that's how farfetched they seem....
Scooby does NOT need 5 more Scrappies. And frankly, a movie about 5 Scrappy-Doos running around going "Lemme at 'im! Lemme at 'im! P-p-p-p-p-ppuppy Power!" for 90 minutes would be a LOT better than the talking dog stuff Disney keeps crapping out.

That said... What the Glob!!?! Disney... you OWN Marvel. You don't need some halfbutt talking dog Superhero movie. You already ruined one.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Scooby does NOT need 5 more Scrappies. And frankly, a movie about 5 Scrappy-Doos running around going "Lemme at 'im! Lemme at 'im! P-p-p-p-p-ppuppy Power!" for 90 minutes would be a LOT better than the talking dog stuff Disney keeps crapping out.

That said... What the Glob!!?! Disney... you OWN Marvel. You don't need some halfbutt talking dog Superhero movie. You already ruined one.
I'm not saying it's a good idea...I'm just saying that it would make more sense with Scooby then with Air Bud....

robodog

Reaction score
I like talking dog movies. That said the Buddies are something even I'm not interested in seeing. Since the Hub started running them I've had a chance to watch them for free but I just have no interest in seeing them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's a good idea...I'm just saying that it would make more sense with Scooby then with Air Bud....
No one likes new characters in Scooby-Doo. Good idea, bad idea, more sense or not. Scrappy did save the franchise in the 70's strangely enough... but when's the last time you heard anyone talk about Scooby-Dumm, Yabba-Doo, Robi the robot, and Flim Flam in a positive light? It needs to stay the core 5.

Though... eh... I like Scooby-Doo.

I like talking dog movies. That said the Buddies are something even I'm not interested in seeing. Since the Hub started running them I've had a chance to watch them for free but I just have no interest in seeing them.
I wouldn't hate talking dog movies if they weren't so obvious. Butt sniffing jokes got tired after the first one. The Buddies are just stock personalities that say stock phrases with nothing original or clever about them. They still have the oh so hip 90's style hip hop speak character 50 year old white guys with ulcers swear kids like unironically.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
No one likes new characters in Scooby-Doo. Good idea, bad idea, more sense or not. Scrappy did save the franchise in the 70's strangely enough... but when's the last time you heard anyone talk about Scooby-Dumm, Yabba-Doo, Robi the robot, and Flim Flam in a positive light? It needs to stay the core 5.

Though... eh... I like Scooby-Doo.

I wouldn't hate talking dog movies if they weren't so obvious. Butt sniffing jokes got tired after the first one. The Buddies are just stock personalities that say stock phrases with nothing original or clever about them. They still have the oh so hip 90's style hip hop speak character 50 year old white guys with ulcers swear kids like unironically.
I like Scrappy personally, even more so than Fred and Daphne....especially Daphne...*shudders*