Tiger handheld Dinosaurs game

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today, a new episode of The Angry Video Game Nerd was posted online, a review of various Tiger Electronics video games, and at one point the Nerd talks about the Dinosaurs game.

I didn't know that there WAS a Dinosaurs video game at all, though at the same time it looks familiar. I searched Muppet Wiki and couldn't find any info on it. So has anybody here ever actually played that game? The footage in the review shows that you play as Earl, but I'm not quite sure what the game's about (do you have to save the Baby? Stop the Baby from making a mess? Something else?).

mr3urious

Reaction score
I never liked those Tiger games, and I could never figure out how to play them either. Somehow they were all the rage back in the '90s.

Nintendo's Game & Watch games, on the other hand, were pretty awesome. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nintendo Game and watch is kinda fun...

as long as you don't play the GBC remakes where they force you to play the stupid games until you get 1000 points to unlock something. Sure, there were fun ones, but then there were totally unplayable ones or ones that were so slow (even in remake mode) that they only awarded 1-3 points per complicated action.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Pica Pic | retro handheld games collection
For those of you who love these games (or want to try them out) here's a whole website where you can play them online (through flash) with an online high score board for each game and functioning alarm and time features on certain games.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the Nerd's review, when he talks about Dinosaurs and mocks the Baby with his catch phrase, I can't tell if he's just referring to the "I'm the Baby" song (it doesn't sound like he's singing it) or the character. It makes me wonder what James Rolfe's opinion of the show is. In Rolfe's countdown of the best Urkel moments he mentions Dinosaurs among the various other TGIF shows that were on DVD while Family Matters, at the time, wasn't, and his way of mentioning Dinosaurs sort of sounds like he was expressing annoyance or disbelief, as if to say "I can't believe Dinosaurs is on DVD while Family Matters isn't". But it's hard to know.