Fraggles at DragonCon 2013

Slackbot

Reaction score
Can anyone tell us if Kathy said she would love to be in the Fraggle Rock movie? Just for fun, here's Muppeteer David Stephens at Dragoncon with his Kermit puppet:
Ah, him I remember. I was impressed by his performance. He had Kermit's stammer down pat, a detail which makes him seem so much more real to me. I made sure to compliment him. Alas, I didn't have the presence of mind to take a photo with him.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Sadly, I didn't. I took very few photos, actually, because my hands were usually inside a puppet. Maybe I'll find some pics of her in the albums people post of their D*C photos.

haakonsmary

Reaction score
Minstrel Murray, I would love to hear the audio from the Fraggle Rock panel on Saturday. Perhaps you could upload it to Google Drive?

Unfortunately I did not get to the con on Saturday but I did make the Sunday panels.

Imagine my surprise when I walk into the puppetry track room around 10 AM and sit down... and realize I'm sitting next to Karen Prell! And Kathryn Mullen was sitting in front of us! Few people were in the room at 10 AM on Sunday. If I'd realized that was Karen Prell I probably wouldn't have had the guts to just sit down right next to her like that! lol

So I told her I can't believe I'm sitting next to her and I'm the biggest Fraggle Rock fan and that I have a gift for her. And I hand her the Red Fraggle hat I had gotten made and gave her a hug.

She was so sweet and right away she took out her Red doll to pose for a photo.

Doesn't she look great? So despite the fact that I missed Saturday, it really worked out perfectly for this Fraggle Rock fan!

But, does anyone want to clue me in on any news announced on Saturday? What did they say about the movie happening?

I also want to say that Kathryn Mullen's panel on her charity No Strings International was very moving and I encourage everyone to check out her charity. Not only are they doing very important work, but they actually get tangible results and make a real difference in people's lives. It's a very worthy cause.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Minstrel Murray, I would love to hear the audio from the Fraggle Rock panel on Saturday. Perhaps you could upload it to Google Drive?

Unfortunately I did not get to the con on Saturday but I did make the Sunday panels.

Imagine my surprise when I walk into the puppetry track room around 10 AM and sit down... and realize I'm sitting next to Karen Prell! And Kathryn Mullen was sitting in front of us! Few people were in the room at 10 AM on Sunday. If I'd realized that was Karen Prell I probably wouldn't have had the guts to just sit down right next to her like that! lol

So I told her I can't believe I'm sitting next to her and I'm the biggest Fraggle Rock fan and that I have a gift for her. And I hand her the Red Fraggle hat I had gotten made and gave her a hug.

She was so sweet and right away she took out her Red doll to pose for a photo.

Doesn't she look great? So despite the fact that I missed Saturday, it really worked out perfectly for this Fraggle Rock fan!

But, does anyone want to clue me in on any news announced on Saturday? What did they say about the movie happening?

I also want to say that Kathryn Mullen's panel on her charity No Strings International was very moving and I encourage everyone to check out her charity. Not only are they doing very important work, but they actually get tangible results and make a real difference in people's lives. It's a very worthy cause.
Nice costume! You really look great with that on. :excited:

haakonsmary

Reaction score
That's Karen Prell in the photo! I gave her the Red hat as a gift!

theSHE124

Reaction score
I didn't hear any mention about the movie, but I'm still hoping for one! I made a personal Fragglish Solemn Oath to myself that I would never see the final 3 episodes of FR until I absolutely for-surally know there's the movie coming out! :dreamy:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I didn't hear any mention about the movie, but I'm still hoping for one! I made a personal Fragglish Solemn Oath to myself that I would never see the final 3 episodes of FR until I absolutely for-surally know there's the movie coming out! :dreamy:
I don't think you should avoid the ending of the TV show because a movie of whatever quality might or might not come out. The show was meant to stand on its own, and the ending was...well, perfect, in my opinion. Go ahead and watch it, I say.

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score

There wasn't much in the way of news. I think the only mention of the movie was during Karen's talk. Her response was brief: "It's in development. That's all there is to report right now."

I actually thought the No Strings International panel was the most informative of the weekend. I got a much better sense of what they are doing and the effect it is having.

haakonsmary, I'll get in touch with you about the recordings. Also, I love that you gave Karen that hat! She put it on when I got a photo with her later that day.

haakonsmary

Reaction score
haakonsmary, I'll get in touch with you about the recordings. Also, I love that you gave Karen that hat! She put it on when I got a photo with her later that day.
That is so awesome! I'm glad she liked the hat enough to wear it for people. Please do share your photo with her on here or through PM. I'd love to see it! :excited: