Can we do something about posting for posts sake?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That usually happens when there are two threads of the same topic. (Which is exactly the case here.) The thread is usually either deleted, or combined with an existing thread.

Muppetboy had a thread on it a while back. I'll find it for you.

EDIT: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/the-return-of-whose-line-is-it-anyway.54219/

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/whose-line-is-it-anyway.54694/
Aaah, thank you. I did a search but never came up with it. That would explain it. Maybe in cases like this, rather than deleting the thread a post can be made directed to the original thread and then the repeat thread can be locked rather than deleted. Or at least an explanation. Would certainly have made me feel better and cleared up a lot of confusion.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think I should be the one to apologize, I was the one who brought up the whole idea of deleting whole threads. My suggestion was that we deleted real old threads, that no one reads, or anything anymore. Even when I came up with the idea, in the back of my mind I knew it was not the best idea. I'm sorry I caused such an uproar.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Deleting posts and threads (as well as banning) is a nuclear option. I'm sure the MODs don't get enjoyment from deleting those things. There are those who, no matter how many polite warnings that turn into more stern ones they receive, continue to revert to their old behavior. Again, this was the actions of one member, who was reported multiple times.

Of course, we've also had problems with spam and trolling lately. That's another subject, but the same small problems with the new format.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
They should just lock old threads about dead projects and such, so we won't get those "i wont" responses when someone asks if there's any new info on the project.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At this time, I would just like to thank Ed for his continued efforts to help clean MC up, one spammish post at a time, with the limited powers he has.

I know you try hard Ed, and you deserve some recognition and appreciation for the job you do here.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sends six-pack of fruit punch over to D'Snowth.

It should be pointed out that when a mod or staff member deletes a post or thread, they provide the reason why said post or thread is being deleted. Apparently, the forum needs to send out a matching notification to the member regarding said deletion and its reasoning, but that'd be something the administration would have to implement as I'm not in control of the BTS coding.

As far as post counts, it does matter, if only slightly as your status title changes with the incremental additions. The system, until the change in 2011, used to go as follows:
0 posts: Junior Member,
30 posts: Member, and
1000 posts: Senior Member.
Now, I'm not exactly sure how it changes, but the three titles are New Member, Active Member, and Well-Known Member—equivalent to Senior Member with an accumulation of a thousand posts. I happen to have a suggestion to make to Phil that once a member reaches the WK Member status with 1000 posts and 500 likes to their name, garnering them the maximum allotment of 113 Trophy Points, with 0 Warning Points, that would then activate the reward of custom user titles. But the moment a member gets a single warning point, that privilege is lost until said warning's expiration, reverting their status to WK Member.

As for the Games section... We had a few threads there which were also tied to how many posts a member had, but because of post-padding to get the desired total plus the prevalent spammish nature of that endeavor, the threads got wiped or locked resulting in only mods or staff members having the power to start a thread in that section.

Hope this answers a few questions floating about.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
At this time, I would just like to thank Ed for his continued efforts to help clean MC up, one spammish post at a time, with the limited powers he has.

I know you try hard Ed, and you deserve some recognition and appreciation for the job you do here.
Yes if we ever do the Muppet Central Froum Awards again, Ed will get my vote for best Mod, or the Lifetime Achievement award.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
We need an Ed Day. Give Ed a special day off where nobody posts! :big_grin:

(Yeah, I know, it couldn't realistically happen unless the forum was shut down).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We need an Ed Day. Give Ed a special day off where nobody posts! :big_grin:

(Yeah, I know, it couldn't realistically happen unless the forum was shut down).
Nah, the ideal Ed day would be a day where there's absolutely NO problems whatsoever... no spammers, no trolls, no immature posters who post for the sake of posting...

We talked about muffining earlier, what would be cool is if we were able to have a day just devoted to pure and simple muffin fun! I remember one night yeeeeeaaaarrrrs ago, for some reason, Prawnie, MrsPepper, and I somehow just broke into spontaneous muffining almost all night long, it was really fun.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Nah, the ideal Ed day would be a day where there's absolutely NO problems whatsoever... no spammers, no trolls, no immature posters who post for the sake of posting...

We talked about muffining earlier, what would be cool is if we were able to have a day just devoted to pure and simple muffin fun! I remember one night yeeeeeaaaarrrrs ago, for some reason, Prawnie, MrsPepper, and I somehow just broke into spontaneous muffining almost all night long, it was really fun.
Now explain to some of our viewers, who maybe just tuning in on what muffining really means, and how to do it.