Your Thoughts: "Jim Henson: The Biography" by Brian Jay Jones

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fans have been waiting more than 20 years for the first biography on Jim Henson's life with full participation and support from Jim Henson’s family and creative partners. He's one of the twentieth century’s most innovative creative artists: the incomparable, irreplaceable Jim Henson.

Read the wonderful prologue for "Jim Henson: The Biography" and let us know your thoughts.

Save off the regular price, order "Jim Henson: The Biography" on hardback, paperback and eBook and "Jim Henson: The Biography" audiobook on CD with a low price guarantee.

If you've ordered or read "Jim Henson: The Biography" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Just picked one up, and I'm currently in the second chapter. Brian Jones really goes deep into the story with some really deep backstories on the Henson Family dating back to the 1880s!

So far, so good! :smile:

CanaceErinn

Reaction score
I've got it on reserve at my local library. Just waiting for it to go through processing.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I like how Brian Jay Jones knows his stuff. In past books about Jim, people would have described characters such as Big V, a "long nosed monster" but Brian actually puts the names of the Muppets. He mentioned Mushmellon for frog's sake! :smile:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Also, has anyone noticed that NONE of The Muppet Show Muppets appeared in the trailer? Probably because of the Disney copyrights stuff. I hope they are talked about in the book. :concern:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I'm half way done with it. Really good so far, although it's mostly information we've heard snippets of over the years. Jones doesn't analyze Henson much, he leaves that up to us. Really satisfied so far.