One thing that annoyed me in "The Muppets"

jvcarroll

Reaction score
If The Muppets (2011) had been made in the 90s I think the 70s would have been all over it, lol.
I liked the film and appreciate Jason Segel's efforts to get it made. However, it's based in Segel's nostalgia for the Muppets rather than the majority of fans' view of them. I believe that's why the 80's was celebrated in the film. Personally, I still see the Muppet Theatre as a tiny community playhouse in Brooklyn, NY, not the El Capitan on Holywood Blvd. :fanatic:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Here's one thing that annoyed me (that I recently found out). According to the Muppet Wiki, there was a shot filmed where John Krasinski and Sam the Eagle trade glances at the camera. As a fan of both The Office and Sam's hilarious looks, I would've LOVED to have seen this in the final film.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well after watching the first Muppet movie, and then watching the new one, I have found something that really bugs me. Everyone believed in Kermit, more importantly they believed in the dream. They all had good things going for them in there lives, and they dropped them all to follow Kermit and the Dream. In the new movie no one including Kermit believed in the dream any more. Kermit had to beg with Fozzie, Piggy and Gonzo before they would even think about going back to the show. I honestly do not think that the Muppets or even Kermit for that matter would loss his passion for the dream of making millions of people happy. I also don't think the Muppets would lose faith in Kermit, or the dream no matter what happened.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, that was the point.

I really wish they kept a longer cut of the movie. We lost the very important sequence with Kermit and Piggy's blow up, and that would have given the film some perspective.

Believing in a dream is one thing, maintaining it is another. Kermit lost his confidence when Piggy split, and Piggy was doing well on the outside without Kermit, but desperately wanted him back. The gang fell apart after that, and they had to find jobs of varying degrees of "well off" and "miserable." Had the film a happy tone throughout, it wouldn't have that extra punch.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love the movie it just seemed that was off to me. now that you mention the cut of Piggy, and Kermit it makes more sense.

Beth C

Reaction score
The only thing that annoyed me in the movie (the billboard didn't bother me at all) was the way they captured Jack Black. Yeesh.. come on Disney.. did you have to have Piggy land the way she did on him? Even for 2 seconds my only thoughts were.... well... NOT Disney related.

A flying karate kick would have been better that what they came up with. Really, Disney? Other than that one scene, I couldn't find anything else that super annoyed me. Now when that scene comes up, I have to look away.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
The only thing that annoyed me in the movie (the billboard didn't bother me at all) was the way they captured Jack Black. Yeesh.. come on Disney.. did you have to have Piggy land the way she did on him? Even for 2 seconds my only thoughts were.... well... NOT Disney related.

A flying karate kick would have been better that what they came up with. Really, Disney? Other than that one scene, I couldn't find anything else that super annoyed me. Now when that scene comes up, I have to look away.
It's not Disney's fault! :grouchy:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Yeah, actually, that scene bothered me. Muppets and crotch-wallops don't mix, either Piggy's attack or the Swedish Chef's rolling pin.

Other than that, Muppet ninjas are a thing of beauty.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not a bad scene, certainly not as bad as the poorly dubbed Kung Fu movie joke in VMX, but something tells me they could have just cut that sequence and used that time for something else, while saying they kidnapped Jack.