Member Stalking

Drtooth

Reaction score
Years and years ago there was a Monty Puthon skit that took place in a restaurant. A couple was trying to decide what to eat. Periodically a group of Vikings at another table would begin chanting "Spam, spam, spam, spam," over and over, drowning everything else out, until people yelled at them to shut up. This quieted them down, for a few moments at least, but soon they started up again.

Fast-forward to the days of IRC and BBS chat areas. Sometimes people would set up macros to mimic the Vikings in that skit, thereby filling the screen with "Spam, spam, spam, spam" and making the conversation annoyingly hard to read, especially if it scrolled off the top of the screen.
The one thing I never understood about that skit... the "woman" behind the counter opens clearly saying 2 Spam free options that the "woman" customer some how never picks up on. You have to watch the skit multiple times to realize it.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I think the like button is being overused, if you look at the quote thread almost every recent post is liked.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's the same person clicking "Like" on all those posts, then I'd say there's a problem and unfortunately the only one who can help is Phillip.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The quote thread, in general, kind of gets abused somewhat... it's been pointed out by a few different members.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "abused", I'm guessing it's people posting non-quoteworthy quotes or "quotes" that they made up themselves.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I did that last night with the one of the other nuisances.

Ed's still deleting the posts though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er I took care of that last night/midnight Snowths. Had to tangle with a plethora of other spammers though, they seem to register when I'm not around. Thanks for the help guys.
*Leaves choc chip cookies for everybody.