Halloween is just around the corner

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sigh.... Halloween is only good (for me anyway) for General Mills releasing the Monster Cereals.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, I saw those on the shelves already earlier this week.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've already gone through Yummy Mummy and Frute Brute. I think I liked the Mummy better, but I'll get both again. Unfortunately, I only found them at Target, but their assortment has classic box art reproductions.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've seen 'em at Kroger, so they're probably in other grocery stores, or are starting to be in stock.

Drtooth

Reaction score
CVS also had them, but just the main 3. New Box designs too.

Then again, I go to Target more frequently than a grocery store that actually has those cereals (the one I go to doesn't).

Anyway, other than that and the Simpsons Halloween episode, there's really nothing for me. Halloween finally became the most depressing holiday for me. That's depressing in and of itself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, you do have Charlie Brown-esque tendencies, I must confess...

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Ahhh, Halloween 2013......there's quite a bit I'm hopefully going to do this year.

Next weekend, I'm assisting at a haunted hayride at a popular campground in my county. Hopefully, I'll get to be something that will really make the riders jump out of their seats. :batty:

The weekend after, hopefully, I can get a few friends to come with me to see the new remake of "Carrie." I read the book 2 years ago and have been quite smitten with it. But I do really want to see the original movie, if I have time.

And finally, Halloween night, I'm going to, most likely, settle in and watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas" for the 8,998th time. :stick_out_tongue:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Ahhh, Halloween 2013......there's quite a bit I'm hopefully going to do this year.

Next weekend, I'm assisting at a haunted hayride at a popular campground in my county. Hopefully, I'll get to be something that will really make the riders jump out of their seats. :batty:

The weekend after, hopefully, I can get a few friends to come with me to see the new remake of "Carrie." I read the book 2 years ago and have been quite smitten with it. But I do really want to see the original movie, if I have time.

And finally, Halloween night, I'm going to, most likely, settle in and watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas" for the 8,998th time. :stick_out_tongue:
Here's the trailer for the original movie.

If you don't have the original movie, I suggest try to buy the DVD or Bluray online.
http://www.amazon.com/Carrie-Special-Edition-Sissy-Spacek/dp/B00005K3NR
Good luck!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
wait...there's a new remake of Carrie?

Do we really need two remakes?

Sheesh. Although I'm not sure if I've seen the original or if it was the 2002 remake. The book is good though. For once King left out all the nonsense that he's known for using to pad books and got right to the point.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, you do have Charlie Brown-esque tendencies, I must confess...
More like a mix of every negative quality from negative characters from everything I ever liked ever.

Comes with having Darkwing Duck and Inspector Gadget as your childhood heroes.

That and the whole "I have absolutely nothing to do on that day" thing.