One thing that annoyed me in "The Muppets"

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Leave Disney Alone Please…. !
Leave Disney alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with it you deal with me, because it is not well right now.

LEAVE IT ALONE!

Sorry, had to do it! :insatiable:
I hope you're not making fun of me.

Beth C

Reaction score
Ok one more thing drives me crazy.. maybe it's because I can't figure it out. WHO owns the Muppet Theater and WHY was it being sold? Stadler and Waldorf can not own it, does Kermit? If so, WHY was he selling it? I'm so confused over it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One of the things they never explain... but then again, it's not so much a theater, so much as a movie studio.

Beth C

Reaction score
It's a big part of the movie so you would think they would explain it better. I didn't know if it was in the novelization or something.

Sprocket77

Reaction score
The one thing that annoyed me in The Muppets were ALL OF THOSE FOURTH-WALL JOKES! There were way too many! Oh blah blah blah this is a movie so we need to tell the audience it's a movie even though they already now it's a movie--ENOUGH OF THE DANG FOURTH-WALL REFERENCES!

Sorry about that.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The one thing that annoyed me in The Muppets were ALL OF THOSE FOURTH-WALL JOKES! There were way too many! Oh blah blah blah this is a movie so we need to tell the audience it's a movie even though they already now it's a movie--ENOUGH OF THE DANG FOURTH-WALL REFERENCES!

Sorry about that.

Uh..breaking the fourth wall are the Muppets' specialty. It's something that goes way back to the date of The Muppet Movie, and this movie is kind of a homage to that one in a couple of ways.

Ok one more thing drives me crazy.. maybe it's because I can't figure it out. WHO owns the Muppet Theater and WHY was it being sold? Stadler and Waldorf can not own it, does Kermit? If so, WHY was he selling it? I'm so confused over it.

I guess it kinda belongs to the Muppets in general. I look at it this way;
Tex Richman knew about the oil under the Muppet theater in the first place. Now, since he hates the Muppets so much, he's no likely to knock on their door and do business with them, so he probably hired Statler & Waldorf to do the leg-work for him.

Kermit hears about the "Muppet Museum" offer and jumps at it. The gang has kinda moved on, and he'd like to pay homage to all of them. (Or whatever the reason is.)
But Kermit probably had no idea about the expiring contract, and I have no idea if Kermit was planning to sell it to him.

While talking to Walter, he says "Y'know, Tex Richman is about to buy our Muppet Studio and turn it into a Muppet Museum!".
I have no idea why Richman would purchase a property that will expire within the week anyway..and if he would give them the money, according to the contract, the Muppets still own it. :confused:

My brain just exploded.

Sprocket77

Reaction score
Uh..breaking the fourth wall are the Muppets' specialty. It's something that goes way back to the date of The Muppet Movie, and this movie is kind of a homage to that one in a couple of ways,
I know that. But I think this film went overboard with them.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I know that. But I think this film went overboard with them.

Not more than the Muppet Movie or The Great Muppet Caper. There wasn't too many in this one. It's what they do best.

Did you see any Muppet movie..like, ever? They all break the fourth wall. I agree, after a while it can be annoying in a way, that's why Muppets Take Manhattan is a nice break.