Plymouth Muppet Traffic Safety Show

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I'm sure that Advanced Animations has some footage. I've heard that someone has camcorder footage, and someone else has a promo tape, so footage is out there! I just need to see it first! :big_grin:

CountFan1998

Reaction score
OMG... that is the coolest thing I have ever seen! I grew up in the 80's and I have NEVER seen this before! I would love to see a video or more pics of it too! :smile:
This just in- about a nine second long clip of the entrance and the back of Kermit in his booth!
(the clip starts at the 1:46 mark) If anyone else is willing to share footage if they can find any, please do!

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I just stumbled across this press release! (This is the second page, but it has the most photos, so...) Credit goes to nationalsafetytown.com (I'm loving the Statler and Waldorf cameo in the last pic!)

CountFan1998

Reaction score
That looks great! Well done for finding it.
You're welcome! I've been putting some work into finding more information. I just love animatronics (and animatronic Muppets? I'm there!), plus I'm familiar with the company behind the exhibit and it's so cool that they collaborated with :jim: . Now if only we could find the "Play it Safe" song in full...

CountFan1998

Reaction score
That would be amazing.
I'm sure Advanced Animations would have some sort of audio or promo reel for it, but I'm sure they wouldn't just give it out if we asked... (Although I happen to know a voice actor who did work for them...) I'm sure Toughpigs might have something. On Muppet Wiki, they were discussing that there was a four minute promo clip out there starring Kermit, Piggy Robin and the Frog Scouts (probably like the top right picture on the press release...). Interesting isn't it? :smile:

I was just reading through the press release and found that the animatronics actually used official Muppet costume materials. I also read that the exhibit used 200 ft. of track and that the cars had a safety bumper that stopped the ride if anything got in its way! (Very clever considering the theme, if you ask me!) Eight show scenes were featured, but we have yet to find the order in which they appeared. (All I know is that the Animal and Schoolbus scenes are linked because you can see the back of the large tree prop in the bottom right picture...)

Enginerd

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread! This came to my local mall when I was 3 or 4. For years I've been asking my parents if they remembered taking me to it and they had no recollection of it! Needless to say, I only have some very, very foggy memories of it... I very much enjoyed seeing all of these photos!

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread! This came to my local mall when I was 3 or 4. For years I've been asking my parents if they remembered taking me to it and they had no recollection of it! Needless to say, I only have some very, very foggy memories of it... I very much enjoyed seeing all of these photos!
You're welcome ever so much for finding the thread! It makes me so proud to unearth all these photos and bits and pieces of information... Just call it my little contribution to MC. :smile: BTW, what did you remember from the exhibit?