Halloween is just around the corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A classic, short-lived sitcom from the early 60s about a typical American family, except they just happen to be classic horror movie figures. The husband/father was Herman, who resembled Frankenstein's monster; the wife/mother was Lily, a vampiress; their son was Eddie, a werewolf boy, Eddie's grandfather (Lily's father) was Grandpa, the original Count Dracula (my avatar this year)... then their was Herman and Lily's niece Marilyn, who was a normal, everyday girl, yet to them, she was the "unfortunate" one in the family.

EDIT: Ziffeled by Rowlfy

Slackbot

Reaction score
I celebrated Halloween at work by dressing up, even though we're not celebrating Halloween here. Normally I wear jeans and sneakers to work; today I got into one of my snazzy work ensembles--blue suit with skirt, pumps, pantyhose, makeup, hair up, even a pearl necklace. So, yeah, I dressed in drag. I've gotten a lot of compliments, and many people asked me if I have an interview today. :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A classic, short-lived sitcom from the early 60s about a typical American family, except they just happen to be classic horror movie figures. The husband/father was Herman, who resembled Frankenstein's monster; the wife/mother was Lily, a vampiress; their son was Eddie, a werewolf boy, Eddie's grandfather (Lily's father) was Grandpa, the original Count Dracula (my avatar this year)... then their was Herman and Lily's niece Marilyn, who was a normal, everyday girl, yet to them, she was the "unfortunate" one in the family.

EDIT: Ziffeled by Rowlfy
Even if the Munsters got ignored, Antenna TV ran a Bewitched marathon over the last two days.

It would've been interesting if the Munsters lasted one more season, they probably would've switched over to Color. Imagine the visual feast that would've been.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Apparently Halloween maybe a washout this year for us... all the meteorologists are predicting like this big apocolyptic storm blowing through the area tomorrow. Wooo, scary.
Your prediction came true. My area around the Midwest is already a washout and it will get worse.

Oh well, more Halloween specials for me, including Fraggle Rock Halloween themed episodes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It would've been interesting if the Munsters lasted one more season, they probably would've switched over to Color. Imagine the visual feast that would've been.
Thing of it is, there's actually a test pilot of THE MUNSTERS (with a different Lily and a different Eddie) that WAS in color (it's on YouTube, it looks great), but apparently, there's two factors as to why the series' proper was never in color: 1). The producers apparently didn't want to spend the extra cost to film in color, since color was still expensive at the time, and 2). The network apparently thought the characters were "too ugly" for color.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Your prediction came true. My area around the Midwest is already a washout and it will get worse.

Oh well, more Halloween specials for me, including Fraggle Rock Halloween themed episodes.

My town has trick or treating from 6-8 PM tonight.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's another reason Halloween keeps getting ruined for kids: when I was a kid, there was no timeframe or time limit you had to go trick-or-treating... you just went when it got dark, and came home when your little plastic pumpkin buckets (whose face hasn't changed in 20 years) was filled-to-over-flowing.