Halloween is just around the corner

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm giving out the Halloween candy and I am waiting for more kids to come.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Today, even though there was no Halloween-ness in the office I went in costume:

I normally wear jeans and sneakers, but today I outdressed most of the attorneys! A lot of people asked me if I had an interview.

Tonight I'm waiting for trick-or-treaters. I've got a box of mini chocolate bars (not those tiny half-a-bite things, I'm not that stingy) and I've rooted through them to pick out the ones I like. So the Hershey bars will go first, and if I need more I'll start on the cookies & cream and Mr. Goodbars. But I'm not giving out the candy; Mokey will. What's the point of making all these puppets if I can't have a little fun with 'em? And anyone who recognizes her will get a bonus Fraggle Rock Halloween comic left over from last year.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
you know some people maybe surprised here buy Halloween isn't really s big thing in Scotland. I mean when I was younger I went out and did it got the candy but that was it of course now because we've moved we close the curtains and turn the lights (yeah we're that house booo hisss ) I remember last my Dad went out to America and told us what they do out there is insane all house with Halloween decorations up the works here we don't do that I only saw one house with stuff up while I was walking my dog I guess it never really caught on here as it did in the states.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh joy and rapture... now comes the part of the holiday where it falls upon me to eat all of the candy that was left over from lack of trick-or-treaters... fun, fun, fun... :rolleyes:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hmm. I expected gender confusion when I performed Rocky Horror. I'd do a show as Frank, and then after the show when people heard my real voice they'd exclaim "You're a woman?!" That was a compliment, because it showed I'd pulled the illusion off. However, when people blurt out things like this in real life...sheesh.

Anyway! On a whim I had Mokey give out Halloween candy to trick-or-treaters. (Why Mokey? She has live hands.) Some of the kids got so excited when they saw her, although I don't think any of them knew who she was.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Admittedly, I AM a little curious as to how it can be considered, "Dressed in drag" when you are woman, but then again, I know many drag queens insist on being refered to as women even though they're really men... oh, I give up, I'm straining my brain thinking to much into this... maybe Eddie Izzard can explain it someday.

Well, another Halloween has come and gone... I don't understand it, I went trick-or-treating, and all I got was a bag full of rocks.

Oh wait, wrong program...

Slackbot

Reaction score
I normally wear denim, Reeboks, and more denim. I'm not a femme. So, I joke that dressing up all professional and ladylike is, for me, drag. I felt like Corporal Klinger.

dinoboy

Reaction score
Halloween is just one of those holidays you tend to outgrow and treat it like any other ordinary day. You mostly go and buy the bags of those little chocolate bars and give it out to the trick or treaters and that's that. Maybe you can get a smile in seeing on what the kids are dressing as nowadays, but I didn't see any kids as sesame street characters. I've heard that NYC may have had some kind of costume parade or something. Wonder if anyone got dressed as Sesame street characters.