Muppets Most Wanted official movie poster released

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
Even though I don't particularly like the poster I am very impressed with how the characters look all except for Kermit though. He should be featured heavily on the poster next to Constantine not thrown into the group of Muppet with a double chin. Hate the way Kermit looks but other than that i'm very happy with the other Muppets.

I'm so glad Sam made it onto the poster! If you include The Swedish Chef on the new Blu-ray cover art then Sam and Floyd are the only two major Muppets not present on any of the covers. I hope this time around Sam gets his own plush toy at the Disney Store. Who's idea was it to place Pepe in front of Fozzie... terrible.

Isn't Ricky suppose to be a bad guy in this movie? Why does he look like an excited guest star getting ready to perform on TMS? Same goes for Tina Fey, Ty Burrell seems to be the only celebrity in character.

EDIT: Just remembered Floyd made it on to the original TMM poster yet sadly Sam missed his opportunity to appear on the MTI poster but finally his time has come :attitude:
Yet I am extremely excited about this new poster I mean I couldn't even believe Foo-Foo was in the movie let alone on the poster... very cool :sympathy:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
You're essentially completely ignoring what I'm saying.

This isn't the "Let's be completely optimistic" crap, this is a reality based in the fact that All Movies Studios do this. Name one movie studio that still does hand drawn posters. The poster is ugly, lazy, and cheap? Can't argue there. The fact that it sounds like a huge conspiracy by Disney and only to p**s fans off is ridiculous. I've said "Industry wide problems" enough times to make a drinking game out of it and have whoever plays it completely on the floor.

Do we deserve a hand drawn painted poster? Absolutely. But computers exist, and the work is far easier to give to some graphic designer who's just limping through some industry wide standard of blandness. As someone with a useless Illustration degree, I do take issue with this. I don't know who came up with the aspect of characters slapped on plain white backgrounds to make them "pop" (and they, unfortunately, do pop as they're not blue and on fire). But for the love of Mike, stop acting like it's all a Disney conspiracy. look at how awful movie posters in general are.
No, you're correct. It was just the sarcasm that raised my ire. I don't think we deserve anything, in particular. Just that it would be nice.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This may just be the teaser poster. (Correct me if I am wrong) So, my point is, maybe a cooler one will come out later?
No, because teaser posters are usually even lamer than regular posters. I'd say a Teaser poster would possibly be that Kermitified M with a "2014" under it against the white plain backdrop.

I hope other theater promotional stuff is more inspired. Like little wanted posters of the characters or something. Personally, I'd rather have a bunch of parody viral video trailers like last time than any poster they could come up with. Those are, saldy, more interesting and where the marketing goes now. Posters are essentially there to say "this is going to playing at this theater soon" when you know about the movie from every single outlet there is now.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Illustrated movie posters have become niche. Of course a Drew Struzan would kick the butt of this and any other poster in multiplexes right now. My thoughts are these:

• It's bright and colorful and only a teaser. It will get noticed.
  • Disney owns the posers. Why not drag them out of storage instead of dragging and dropping really old clipart?
  • This picture isn't very active or engaging. The Muppets should be running from being chased!
  • Photoshop should be the final step of the process, not the entire composition process itself.
  • When I think of Muppets, I do not think of bold, black block letters. Everyone loves the original lettering. Can we get back to the classic Muppets typography, or at least devise a new logo?
  • The tagline is kind of funny.
So there you are. This will get results, but they could definitely kick things up several notches.

Drtooth

Reaction score
  • Disney owns the posers. Why not drag them out of storage instead of dragging and dropping really old clipart?
It's relatively new clip art, actually. Clip art they've actually made with the posers, versus the old 1990's stock pictures we all hate. That's essentially the only credit I give them for. It's not bad for what it is, but it's not that great either. Then again, why the heck aren't they using that subway photospread? It's good enough for a promotional trick or treat bag...

Something tells me that's going to be the international poster. Or something that doesn't use the humans at all.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
It's relatively new clip art, actually. Clip art they've actually made with the posers, versus the old 1990's stock pictures we all hate. That's essentially the only credit I give them for. It's not bad for what it is, but it's not that great either. Then again, why the heck aren't they using that subway photospread? It's good enough for a promotional trick or treat bag...

Something tells me that's going to be the international poster. Or something that doesn't use the humans at all.
You're right. The clip art pictured here is relatively new compared to some of the other stuff that's popped up, but it's still about five years old.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sad thing is... it's an improvement. And sadder thing is, Disney can totally use the same old Henson era stock photos if it wants to...

Pepper shirt Gonzo and MTM DVD covers abound!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Sad thing is... it's an improvement. And sadder thing is, Disney can totally use the same old Henson era stock photos if it wants to...

Pepper shirt Gonzo and MTM DVD covers abound!
I wonder if these beautiful magazine layouts are paid for by sponsors like EW. It is more expensive to set up professional shots than to hire a graphic designer to drag around pre-cut images.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really wish that someone at Disney would accidentally delete all the 1990's poser photo files so they'd be foreced to make new ones. I'm glad there's a new Piggy, Kermit, and Gonzo... how about getting rid of that *&&^% Finger Kiss Chef once and for all.