Muppets Most Wanted official movie poster released

Reevz1977

Reaction score
My
They should take the characters out of the boxes and spend a couple weeks shooting them in various scenarios to be used for years to come. It's time.
My biggest question to that is, why is it so bloody hard?!?! They own them! Disney should have an abundance of new poser images. Particularly if they are gonna mess around with the look of the characters, for consistencies sake if nothing else!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I keep hearing about them constantly firing people in various marketing departments to cut costs. That's probably the reason why we rarely see new photoshoots and poser sources. It is of course cheaper to just reuse stock art. Yet, if they put the effort to make more stock art themselves, they'd still be able to run those images into the ground.

The fact they're too cheap to wind up doing something that will be cheap in the long run anyway just goes to show you where American business is at. Cutting corners in the short term to save short term money and screwing themselves in the long run. But then again, I can see why they're so reluctant to market anything. But a relatively low Muppet Movie budget is a more fiscally solvent risk than a huge budget remake that alienates any kind of audience. They lost a hilarious amount of money on Lone Ranger despite almost cancelling the darn thing when Cowboys and Aliens flopped. Even if this new Muppet movie flops, they don't stand to lose much money. Why not give them a better ad campaign?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
My
My biggest question to that is, why is it so bloody hard?!?! They own them! Disney should have an abundance of new poser images. Particularly if they are gonna mess around with the look of the characters, for consistencies sake if nothing else!
I agree.

It must be considerably cheaper to pay an advertising firm to drag and drop clip art than to finance a photography staff, puppet wranglers, studio space and the conversion into new clip art. I just think it would be a good idea to spend a few days each year or so to come up with new photos instead of using old tired ones.

It's a good investment!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It must be considerably cheaper to pay an advertising firm to drag and drop clip art than to finance a photography staff, puppet wranglers, studio space and the conversion into new clip art. I just think it would be a good idea to spend a few days each year or so to come up with new photos instead of using old tired ones.
Disney supposedly markets films in house. When they took over the Marvel movies (the ones they had the rights to, anyway) they fired the firm that did the marketing for the others. Their in house firm is that cheap to just drag and drop rather than be a little more innovative with the posters.

Still, it would be nice if they started up the viral marketing. Slapping the trailer to Planes was hardly the same brilliant campaign The Muppets had.

cjd874

Reaction score
If I may temporarily divert the discussion away from cheap movie posters…
This is an OK poster. Not totally amazing, like the old ones used to be (GMC, TMM, and MCC for example), but it'll suffice for now until we get a new one. I'm glad to see Sam the Eagle and Foo-Foo on it, but there are other major characters missing like Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Scooter, Rowlf, and the Swedish Chef. I hope this doesn't mean that their roles in the movie will be minor.
But to add to what everyone's been saying, I am also tired of seeing the SAME old BORING stock photos of the Muppets in each and every piece of merchandise they're on. The flat-faced Kermit, Gonzo in the chili shirt, Animal in the rock 'n' roll shirt & wristbands, the "smoking" Chef…it's getting ridiculous.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If I may temporarily divert the discussion away from cheap movie posters…
This is an OK poster. Not totally amazing, like the old ones used to be (GMC, TMM, and MCC for example), but it'll suffice for now until we get a new one. I'm glad to see Sam the Eagle and Foo-Foo on it, but there are other major characters missing like Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Scooter, Rowlf, and the Swedish Chef. I hope this doesn't mean that their roles in the movie will be minor.
Honeydew and The Chef have always been given minor roles. In the first movie, Bunsen Honeydew appeared near the end of the movie for an important plot point involving the "sadly temporary" growth pills. The Chef was the projectionist. The Chef was supposed to have more screen time in The Muppets, but his cooking segment was cut short. Scooter did have a little more to do than that, as did Rowlf, but it always seemed that the big time characters were the main four of Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo and Fozzie. I'd hope that this time we'd see the Electric Mayhem much more than the last film, and certainly more than MCC-MFS.

What I want to see is less "as many Muppets as we can fit onscreen" and more even handed focus on the major characters.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Honeydew and The Chef have always been given minor roles. In the first movie, Bunsen Honeydew appeared near the end of the movie for an important plot point involving the "sadly temporary" growth pills. The Chef was the projectionist. The Chef was supposed to have more screen time in The Muppets, but his cooking segment was cut short. Scooter did have a little more to do than that, as did Rowlf, but it always seemed that the big time characters were the main four of Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo and Fozzie. I'd hope that this time we'd see the Electric Mayhem much more than the last film, and certainly more than MCC-MFS.

What I want to see is less "as many Muppets as we can fit onscreen" and more even handed focus on the major characters.

The last film was alright to have the as many muppets as possible on screen but this time around needs to have more focus on Kermit piggy fozzie gonzo pepe EM sam swedish chef scooter rizzo rowlf and bunsen and beaker

cjd874

Reaction score

But as we've seen before, Beaker is, more often than not, paired with Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and has also had minor roles in the movies…so why has Beaker made more appearances on posters and merchandise, like for The Muppets and MMW?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
But as we've seen before, Beaker is, more often than not, paired with Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and has also had minor roles in the movies…so why has Beaker made more appearances on posters and merchandise, like for The Muppets and MMW?
Because Beaker's arguably more popular.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I'm fine with Beaker being on the poster, but Animal is really getting on my nerves. Rowlf or Scooter deserve some limelight fer sure.