Muppets Most Wanted official movie poster released

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I'm fine with Beaker being on the poster, but Animal is really getting on my nerves. Rowlf or Scooter deserve some limelight fer sure.

Animal is the one character Disney shoves down our throats all the time.

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
forgive me in advance because this is probably a nonsense question but I would love someone else's input on this because right now I can't make sense of this. Is there a hole between Miss Piggy's necklace and her actual neck?

This has got me thinking, I know it's not the case here but in the actual production might Miss Piggy always wear a necklace to hide any visible line left after connecting her head with her body? I had never though about that, can anyone confirm or deny this for me?

I don't mind the poster, it could be much better but seeing characters like Sam and Foo-Foo make the cover excites me enough to actually like the poster. I'll tell you one thing even though MFS was one of my least favourite Muppet Movies the movie poster is fantastic! Gives an idea of the story (even though Gonzo was never actually beamed up or went into space for that matter (except when he met those fish) and I though the Muppets looked very cool especially Kermit. Anyway I hope we get a new poster soon, I really like the human cast but I do hope we get a poster or two with just the Muppets.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
forgive me in advance because this is probably a nonsense question but I would love someone else's input on this because right now I can't make sense of this. Is there a hole between Miss Piggy's necklace and her actual neck?
That is the case. You can actually see it quite visibly on occasions if you look for it. Piggy's head isn't attached to her torso like most characters, this is to allow her to turn her head which would be nigh on impossible if it were attached.

I'm not really sure on that. I do know that is why Fozzie wears his scarf.
Unlike Piggy, Fozzie's head is attached. The seam of the puppet is underneath the scarf but bearly (pun intended) visible. The scarf could be to hide it or just a wonderful fashion statement :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Animal is the one character Disney shoves down our throats all the time.
Animal was shoved down our throats long before Disney got involved. LONG LONG before Disney got involved. For over 20 years, the merchandise was Piggy, Kermit, and Animal related. Look at the Applause plastic mugs.... Then, look at his arguably useless role in MFS. Disney has squat to do with it. In fact, now that Disney's in charge, we're starting to see the rest of the band in merchandising.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
They should take the characters out of the boxes and spend a couple weeks shooting them in various scenarios to be used for years to come. It's time.
Not to divert the topic too much, but what strikes me is that Sesame Street seems to do more original Muppet photo-shoots than Disney does; especially recently with their new DVD covers:

Incidentally, all of these DVDs are compilations of older material, and while all of the covers have Elmo (the obvious attention-grabber) looking onward, they're simple, well-posed and diversely reflect each video's content. My basic point is if Sesame can do this so often, why can't Disney?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't understand the hate for this poster. Sure, we've seen these posers before, but I think the poster looks great. I love how they're all crammed in the corner, and the celebrities are in the back, showing that though they have great actors in this movie, the main showcase are the Muppets.

For the next poster, I want to see something along the theme of "Most Wanted". Maybe have them in a prison cell, or running away from the cops or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Incidentally, all of these DVDs are compilations of older material, and while all of the covers have Elmo (the obvious attention-grabber) looking onward, they're simple, well-posed and diversely reflect each video's content. My basic point is if Sesame can do this so often, why can't Disney?
The more I think of it (and I still think this is just standard crappy movie posters), I just don't understand why Disney wants to cheap out so badly on these things that we can't have full photo shoots full of poses, especially new ones with every project.