Fraggle Rock Comic Book Classics V2 finally due out

Slackbot

Reaction score
This is nice, and I like Marie Severin's art, but...well...I'd rather have more new comics. I hope that those will be coming our way eventually.

The sample pages list a colorist among the credits. If these pages are re-colored, does that still apply?

lazesummestone

Reaction score
This is nice, and I like Marie Severin's art, but...well...I'd rather have more new comics. I hope that those will be coming our way eventually.

The sample pages list a colorist among the credits. If these pages are re-colored, does that still apply?

Oh!! Thanks for the post! I had no idea that this was coming out! I drew the cover for this one like 2 years ago now- so I had actually kinda forgotten about it!
I only wish I had done a completely different color scheme from the first volume looking at it now. :sigh:
But I do hope I get a copy!

Drtooth

Reaction score

I'd probably get it for collector's sake. The first issue had the 2 only original stories in the series, and I'm no huge fan of comic adaptions unless they're based on the original work of the script and include all the stuff they cut out of the film. Or at least an alteration or expansion. I loved the original TMNT movie and Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey adaptions for that reason. But I really hated the Animaniacs comic adaption of Taming of the Screwy. Bad artwork, crappy substitutions... the Japanese investors were turned into a cowboy! Luckily, that series would only do original stories from then on (it was a Christmas pilot issue special). These Fraggle ones aren't bad, though.

The only thing I'm happy about not having a monthly Fraggle Rock comic is that I buy the maximum amount of comics I can in a month (and shame on BOOM and IDW for always picking up cool licenses), and I'd have to drop one for those Fraggle comics.

Slackbot

Reaction score
The only thing I'm happy about not having a monthly Fraggle Rock comic is that I buy the maximum amount of comics I can in a month (and shame on BOOM and IDW for always picking up cool licenses), and I'd have to drop one for those Fraggle comics.
Does your comics shop limit the number of comics you can buy? Or is this a self-imposed (i.e. budgetary) limit?

I'll buy the collection, certainly. I might even read it just to compare the coloring to the originals (which I have, natch). But I'm glad that they don't have more Marvel Fraggle comics to reprint, because for me those are only placeholders.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does your comics shop limit the number of comics you can buy?
No, but my wallet does. So far I collect Regular Show, Adventure Time, Bravest Warriors, TMNT, the freaking TMNT side comics, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Peabody and Sherman, and Powerpuff Guirls. That's like 9 a month of 4 dollar comics. Okay, 7 4 dollar ones and 2 3 dollar ones. Still doesn't make things too easy.

And it appears that FR Classics 2 has been delayed yet again.

lazesummestone

Reaction score
Aww whaaat? well, at least this time it's not too much of a delay!

Slackbot

Reaction score
According to Amazon, the book is available and in stock.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not a Muppet book if it's not delayed a million times. In fact, it seems like that's 90 freaking percent of comics half the time.