Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official US and International Trailers On-line

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Ok, here is everything that I LOVE from these trailers- I'll mention specific parts first then talk broadly:

Constantine: "It's not easy being mean!"- love it!

Love how Walter freaks out during Fozzie's bit with the Constantine photo- he's genuinely worried and upset- such a lovely innocent character that you can't help but love and want to hug!

Literally laughed at my desk during the part where Constantine is trying to imitate Kermit- the voice and the rolling moves of the face = priceless!

Gonzo's classic bit with the indoor running of the bulls (plus Selma Hayek appearance)- awesome, enough said.

I think the catchphrase that's really going to stick with fans and non-fans alike is Constantine's line, "My name first, then spacebar, spacebar, spacebar, your name"! Hilarious! The way Matt Vogel moves the character with the words too is perfect. At this point I'm gripping my office chair so tight that I don't fall over laughing.

Walter- "Do you guys think that Kermit's been acting a little weird lately"
Piggy- "That's ridiculous! He's never been more caring or devoted to me"
RIZZO- "Yeah, that's what we're saying!"
First- RIZZO!!!! yes! so glad he's back! Second of all, one of the funniest lines of the trailer

Kermit punching Constantine- YES!!!!!!!!!!- I love this in so many ways that I'll explain below...

The epic badge fight between Sam and Ty Burrell- awesome- you can really tell this character dynamic is going to be amazing throughout the movie. Love how it looks like Ty Burrell wins the badge fight in the UK trailer and Sam wins it in the others.

Constantine doing the moonwalk- OMG!

Piggy- "ich bin ein berliner"
Floyd- "More like, I'm frankfurter"
How many years has it been since we've seen a Floyd jab at Piggy.?..WAY TOO LONG. I want to hug these writers!!!!

Kermit- "Not one single person noticed I've been replaced BY AN EVIL CRIMINAL MASTERMIND?!!"
Fozzie- "It sounds worse than it was"
Walter- "No, that's as bad as it sounds"
Epic, just epic- so funny!

Ok, now more generally...

The Muppets- We get to see and hear from Muppets we haven't heard in a while, this is totally a fantastic sign- just the fact that Rizzo has a speaking part really gives me a lot of great hope for this movie. Rowlf is out in front a lot too- how freakin' awesome is that?!

The Humans- These supporting characters are amazing! Both Ty Burrell and Tina Fey's characters are hilarious and the humans are taking the supporting roles in this film, another great sign. This is the model that has always worked best in Muppet films. And the cameos?!! Unbelievable- Danny Trejo's stuff looks side-splitting hilarious and I am DYING to hear Celine Dion and Piggy sing together!! I also love how Ty Burrell's french character sounds like the French taunter from Monty Python!

The Villain- Matt Vogel completely knocks it out of the park with Constantine- he really takes a Kermit puppet with a few modifications and creates a whole different character, but has a lot of amazing and brilliant voices and facial expressions like both Jim and Steve have with Kermit- there are some great bits with Kermit and Constantine that we haven't seen yet that allude to this too, really great stuff by Matt- definitely turning out to be one of powerhouse performers of the newer generation Muppeteers.

The Costumes!- Mostly this is just my LOVE of Piggy's array of looks in this film- her costumes are great and her hair is absolutely beautiful in every shot and based on the teaser, there are still a lot more outfits to come- whoever works on Piggy's look and design on this film- dead on, I mean really dead on!!! I also love how it looks like as part of Constantine's plan to convince folks that he's Kermit is wooing the pig- looking forward to hearing the song they are singing!!!

And now my favorite part of all of these trailers- The Redemption of Kermit!!- This makes me the happiest and most hopeful of all- Kermit finally gets to be more ****** again!! A lot of us, myself included, have said that Kermit has softened in his character and personality way too much in the past decade and we haven't seen that clever, smart-alecky side of Kermit that we saw in the Muppet Show and the early films- well LOOK NO MORE! Clearly near the beginning of the trailer where Kermit gets scared witless by Constantine shows the way Kermit has been, but by the end of trailer, epsecially the UK version, Kermit is back with a vengeance and actually PUNCHES CONSTANTINE IN THE FACE!!! I really love that part, although part of me twinged after the first couple of times I watched it because the way Jim would always have Kermit say that violence doesn't solve anything, but come on, sometime a good punch in the face of a bad guy is warranted for justice to prevail :smile: It looks like Kermit's time in the Russian prison helps him man up and fight for the friends that he loves- how frickin awesome is that?! I love how this movie has Kermit as the hero, and hero in the sense of an adventure/action film hero as well as the Kermit that we know and love.

ok, I've talked enough- I'm going to go download all the trailer screenshots from Muppet wiki now and watch this another million times because I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE- this really looks like it's going to be one of the greatest Muppet films ever, and all because folks are going back to the classic models of muppet awesomeness, but also making it hilarious for both fans and non fans alike.

Only 121 days left!!! CANNOT WAIT

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After watching this, I am wondering if Constantine pulls off his mole instead of putting green make-up or whatever over it like I had thought. I wonder if there'll be an explanation for why Kermit doesn't just pull the mole (or is it a fake mole?) off his face.

Good to see Lips in his regular (non-purple tuxedo) outfit again. The shirt has such a complicated pattern, so complicated that I can't tell if they got it completely right.

This looks like it'll be more action-packed than The Great Muppet Caper.

galagr

Reaction score
Here's a slightly different trailer, with clips different from that one:

But, I love Constantine watching Sesame Street to get Kermit's voice. And that shot of all the Muppets (with Sweetums at the end) clinging to the helicopter is gorgeous. This movie is going to be amazing!
Speaking of Sweetums, I think that around 1:35, maybe 1:36, we get the first look at his mom!

You'll notice that it looks A LOT like Sweetums, but I noticed that his (her? Not sure how to categorize it) lips are pink and that he/she appears to be wearing a dress of some kind.

Of course, this is just a theory. I just noticed something off about his pink lips.

beaker

Reaction score
That brand new trailer looks AMAZING. I don't know what changed, but I *love* the cinematography soooooo much more than the ABC family movie of the week look some of the first film had. The tone feels darker, smarter. Good to see Behemoth back too. A lot of the first film rubbed me the wrong way...it was the forced smarmyness of the human characters and just the awkward feel of some scenes. But this...this looks grand.

LOVE the Sesame Street Kermit vintage clip scene. And is that Roger Langridges Muppet Show comic art in poster form in front of the museum? Gervais, Fey and especially Ty Berrel seem amazing here. I LOVE how we are not being barraged with too much coverage saturation like last time...in a way it sort of ruined it...as much as I love a lot of Muppet coverage and leaks.

But wow...yeah again the cinematography. Hats off to everyone involved in the film. Definitely much more excited now that I get to feel the scope of this.

ploobis

Reaction score
After watching the trailers again is the movie coming out in March in the UK only and in April in the US?

beaker

Reaction score
Where is FrogFan76? MILDRED is in her 2nd movie appearance in nearly 30 years!

This looks better than The Muppets BY FAR. I can't wait for this! Rizzo has a speaking role FINALLY! Wooooo! :fanatic:
Heck yeah for Mildred! I have a feeling that this will be a much more consistent film than the 2011 movie.

This scene, in Berlin...FINALLY we have a "realistic" looking vehicle for the Muppets. Outdoors, with that Muppets Take Manhattan film vibe that was completely missing for so long.

These scenes have the same film warmth as the original films.

cjd874

Reaction score
Saw the first (U.S.) trailer, and it looks SUPER-TASTIC. This might be a rare case of a sequel being better than the previous movie installment. MMW appears to be like a post-Jim Henson version of the Great Muppet Caper, and it's about time. I can't wait to see if the long-forgotten Muppets like Mildred, Annie Sue, Lips, and Marvin Suggs get any speaking roles, and how core characters like Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, Sam the Eagle, Sweetums, and Floyd Pepper will be redefined or reestablished. I'm psyched, not just because of the human co-stars and the mix of rare and classic Muppets, but also because it looks like the Muppets as we've known them JUST MIGHT BE BACK for real.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have watched the trailers at least a dozen times, and they get me so excited! What really gets me excited however, is everyone on the forums excitement! I know people where excited with the 2011 movie, but with this one it feels different. I don't think I have seen, nor heard one complaint about the trailers, and for this forum that can sometimes be rare.
I think that this is the best trailer of any Muppet movie I have ever really seen. I hope that they don't do to many parody trailers, like with the 2011 movie. I think that would hurt the awesomeness of this trailer.
All in all I can't wait to see this movie!

ploobis

Reaction score
I passed out from all the Muppety goodness. I know it's not right to judge a movie by the trailers, but I can tell this one is going to be Muppet-epic (Mupeptic?)!

Favorite shot:

This so reminds me of the scene in GMC when all the Muppets climb up the drain pipe to get away from the guard dogs! :smile: