The Missing Link Hogthrob

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I know it seems a bit odd, but given all the films in which Link Hogthrob has starred, he seems to have more lines in TM as compared to the other movies (in contrast to the Muppets' TV specials) in which he's featured as a background character with few or no lines....
Wasn't the only lines link had was in that Nirvana cover Barbershop style with Jack Black? Still it was nice to see Link hit the Gong again in Muppet Treasure Island, too bad he couldn't swing around and slam into it like he did in Muppets Go To The Movies. :big_grin:

Though it seems like he talked more in Muppet Race Mania (The PlayStation 1 game) I might have mentioned before but I would like to see Link and his old from Macho to Whimpy personality again. Especially Miss Piggy keeping him in line.

Which makes me wonder, did Link find Miss Piggy attractive? I know that Gonzo in the early pre-Camila episodes of The Muppet Show found Miss Piggy attractive (didn't he in Muppet Babies too?). I remember on I think either one of The Muppet Show DVD sets or on the Muppet Treasure Island DVD. There was a filmed scene from the 2000s where Rizzo and Gonzo are hanging around a Movie theater and Rizzo says "Didn't you have a think for Miss Piggy?" and Gonzo lightly said "I don't want to talk about it." Anyway, it's hard to tell with Link and Miss Piggy. They were in some sort of romantic numbers together, well at least the one that sticks in my mind was that Jungle one where the Jungle Animals upstage her "KNOCK IT OFF!" :smile:

It would have been interesting if there was an episode where Miss Piggy tricked Link to be her boyfriend just to get Kermit jealous and Kermit was really okay with it and Miss Piggy struggles more and more. It's such a classic situation. It's seen in movies like Some Kind of Wonderful and TV shows I can't remember specifically off hand. Miss Piggy bribed the audience and got Scooter involved well in general a few times in her schemes to get Kermit interested in her. Personally I've always enjoyed the struggle with Miss Piggy trying to win Kermit's heart and not so much currently where Kermit and Miss Piggy are a couple. Some like it, some don't. Call me old fashioned, but that's just my opinion.
But yeah, that would have been a real funny episode. I remember reading fan fiction of Kermit trying to stop the Wedding of Miss Piggy and Link but I don't see Kermit worrying about something like that. It's like what Frank Oz once said about Miss Piggy "She's fat, she's a pig, she's not talented, Kermit doesn't love her. All odds are against her so she covers her pain with karate and fantasies pretending she's something she's really not." When I heard Frank say that, I never looked at her the same way again. :smile:

LinkLady77

Reaction score
Hi! Haven't posted in a while! The above 2 pictures are from "Of Muppets and Men" by Christopher Finch...it's a great rare hardcover book about the making of the Muppet Show. There are lots of pictures of Link in the book (mostly stills of him in classic Pigs in Space and Bear on Patrol sketches as well as several behind-the-scenes pics of the "I Get Around" leather-clad number!). I posted the above pics since they are rarely seen pics of Link and I thought everyone here would like them (I highly recommend "Of Muppets and Men" for the avid Muppet collector). I wonder if the newly released Jim Henson bio book has any pics of him with Link...anyone let me know if it does!

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Haven't posted in awhile, but I just had to come on and celebrate because we can see Link in the new trailers! Only for a few brief seconds, but still, I am very happy to see him back. One of the appearances is during Gonzo's "Indoor Running of the Bulls", and Link appears to be wearing some sort of Spanish-inspired outfit, which I always enjoy. Maybe he'll get some non-singing lines?? (though i'd be happy to have him sing again as well!) Someone posted some screencaps over on the trailer thread, I am too tired/lazy to repost them here. But rest assured, he is there! :big_grin:

Nasubionna

Reaction score
New Link images to share with you dears~! <3

This was found in a Muppet Doodle Book I spotted at Barnes and Noble a few months ago.

Typical Link is typical...

Taken from the book For the Love of Miss Piggy. Written by Martha T. Ottersley and illustrated by Amy Mebberson.

Courtesy of Amazon.com
Wow, love that there are new book appearances by Link! Very unexpected! Love that he appears to be stuck in the 70's, fashion-wise, LOL!
Thanks for sharing this!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Back when the Muppet Comics were coming out, Link was all over them. I think there was a Pigs in Space related comic in every issue, but I can't quite recall without sorting through them all. But it really seems Langridge had an affinity for the Pigs to have their segment appear more frequently than any other. There was even that full Pigs in Space issue.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Back when the Muppet Comics were coming out, Link was all over them. I think there was a Pigs in Space related comic in every issue, but I can't quite recall without sorting through them all. But it really seems Langridge had an affinity for the Pigs to have their segment appear more frequently than any other. There was even that full Pigs in Space issue.
That issue even had Crow T. Robot, Joel Hodgeson and Tom Servo in a bar with the pigs.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
May I draw your attention to the DIVINE outfit that Link is rocking in the latest Muppets Most Wanted New Year trailer? This appears to be from a wedding scene (I saw Piggy back there in a bridal gown..) and I am LOVING that tie and vest combo! Looks like Link may finally have dragged himself out of the 70's! :wink: So this in addition to his Spanish costume getup seen in the previous trailer makes two excellent Link fashion statements already. How many more to come??? LOVE IT.