The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I'm going to meet with some friends for a vegan potluck on Thanksgiving, but I'll definitely tape this!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I didn't have time to properly explain earlier, but I'll just pop back in to do so now.

Here's a few reasons I (genuinely) prefer this trailer to the MMW trailer:
1. It's calm, relaxing, and fun
2. Arm-rods (they look like Puppets!)
3. Doesn't look too scripted, too clean-cut, too glorified in colour
4. Gaga + JGLH + Elton John are such great choices of guest stars and look so comfortable there
5. We actually get to SEE the guest stars here and have an idea of what they might do (perform, talk with Floyd, etc). They don't just flash them at ya like the MMW trailer
6. Muppets are out ON STAGE where they belong
7. Great twist at the end, admitting that KERMIT is one of the biggest names in music.

There's so much win here.

And finally THIS is so much better than the incredibly ugly, cropped from generic pictures, thrown together, over-market friendly poster that they put out for MMW. #justsaying It actually contains images FROM the special.

charlietheowl

Reaction score

Gets me more excited than anything.
Love this! The preview makes it seem like the Muppets are going to play a large role in the special, and that they just won't be shoehorned in with a sole musical number. I'm eagerly anticipating this.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Love it too, except for the fact that they had all the nerve to Flanderize Piggy's yet again! Jim Lewis, Kirk Thatcher and Eric Jacobson should once again be ashamed of themselves for not writing her character properly! :grouchy:

Can we please have some productions where she DOESN'T do karate at all for a while? If she can make it through "A Muppet Family Christmas" without doing karate, getting angry or threatening anyone, they could still do it here in the post-2000's.

The least I'm going to hope for is either that Piggy gets some sort of negative karma for her actions like she often got in the old days or for Kermit to man up and stand up to the pig like the authority figure he's supposed to be and tell her off like he wasn't as afraid to do in the old days.

I hope I'm not alone on this one.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I really think Disney is doing a better job of putting great quality Muppet productions out finally!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The trailer is better than that sneek peek we got on The View (though I noticed part of that scene is in this trailer). But it still looks like a trailer for a typical Christmas concert special, though I was expecting that.

Ever since this was announced, I figured the on-stage performances would look like they do for a regular live concert special, but then a few days ago I wondered if they'd look more like something that would be done on-stage at the Muppet theater, maybe even with a lot of scenery and music video-style stuff. But it looks like the performances will be like I expected.

terrimonster

Reaction score
Love it too, except for the fact that they had all the nerve to Flanderize Piggy's yet again! Jim Lewis, Kirk Thatcher and Eric Jacobson should once again be ashamed of themselves for not writing her character properly! :grouchy:
I wondered how long it would be before you came in here shouting the "F" word. You know, she did the occasional karate chop during the Muppet Show. There isn't a whole lot of context here, and we have no idea how she acts in the rest of the special. It is certainly not inconsistent with her original characterization to throw a karate chop, so the mere presence of one is not evidence of Flanderization. And it certainly isn't enough to call down shame upon the Muppet writers and performers.

Is a Miss Piggy karate chop predictable? Yes. But not as predictable as a post afterward complaining about the "Flanderization" of Miss Piggy. The word is used so frequently and so routinely, it's beginning to get Flanderized.

Anyway...

I'm no Gaga fan, but I'm actually quite excited about this special. It somehow strikes me as having a TMS feel. Admittedly, I could be way off on that pre-assessment. I just get a good vibe from it. And something about the the Beaker/Animal/Chef shot just looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.