Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official US and International Trailers On-line

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I know this has already been discussed to an extent, but does anyone else think that Constantine's "all the freedom you want" line was done by Dave? It's possible Matt couldn't do Constantine for that scene, and the trailer was compiled prior to a looping session in the recording studio. This certainly wouldn't be the first time a Muppet trailer featured an pre-looped line (Grover in the "Follow that Bird" trailer, the majority of Frank's characters in the "Muppets from Space" trailer).

Also, the shot of the Muppets running towards the camera, I noticed Beauregard, Wayne, and Wanda in the crowd. Kind of surprised none of these good eyes on the forum spotted them. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Say what you want about this movie being eerily similar with The Great Muppet Caper, but this movie feels more like Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties with the main characters in Europe, and a doppelgänger of Kermit/Garfield switch places with the Muppets/Jon, Liz, and Odie having the wrong "Garfield" but with a criminal aspect to it.
It's a trope that far predates that Garfield film (which in turn was stolen from The Prince and the Pauper). Knowing the Muppets, they're going to play with the concept. They did explore this to some extent in the comics with Kismet the Toad in "The Treasure of Peg Leg Wilson." Actually, if you think about it, there's Kismet, Constantine, and Kermoot... he's got 3 dopplegangers right there. And that's not if you count the monsters that are also named Kermit from the world of T-Shirts sketch. Or the fact that one of the Frackles looks a heck of a lot like a monsterized Kermit.

ploobis

Reaction score
I passed out from all the Muppety goodness. I know it's not right to judge a movie by the trailers, but I can tell this one is going to be Muppet-epic (Mupeptic?)!

Favorite shot:

After seeing this on Muppet Wiki I can now tell which Muppets are under who!

GONZO
WALTER
ANIMAL
JANICE
FOZZIE
FLOYD
WANDA
WAYNE
SWEDISH CHEF
SCOOTER
LEW ZEALAND
ROWLF
LINK HOGTHROB
BEAUREGARD
SWEETUMS

Also, I think Gonzo may be holding on to the helicopter by his nose! :concern:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
After seeing this on Muppet Wiki I can now tell which Muppets are under who!

GONZO
WALTER
ANIMAL
JANICE
FOZZIE
FLOYD
WANDA
WAYNE
SWEDISH CHEF
SCOOTER
LEW ZEALAND
ROWLF
LINK HOGTHROB
BEAUREGARD
SWEETUMS

Also, I think Gonzo may be holding on to the helicopter by his nose! :concern:
I still say that this would make a great poster!

Wayne and Wanda! What kind of come back are they making? I also hope your right about Link being there as well. Wow!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I know this has already been discussed to an extent, but does anyone else think that Constantine's "all the freedom you want" line was done by Dave? It's possible Matt couldn't do Constantine for that scene, and the trailer was compiled prior to a looping session in the recording studio. This certainly wouldn't be the first time a Muppet trailer featured an pre-looped line (Grover in the "Follow that Bird" trailer, the majority of Frank's characters in the "Muppets from Space" trailer).
Yeah it sounds like Dave, but remember Constantine is trying to sound like Kermit and there is a big contrast between his Kermit-mimicking and his deeper natural voice. I'm sure it's just Matt going high pitched.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems that's the only scene in the trailer when we hear Constantine talking to the others while impersonating Kermit. Every other time he talks he's talking in his real voice.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah it sounds like Dave, but remember Constantine is trying to sound like Kermit and there is a big contrast between his Kermit-mimicking and his deeper natural voice. I'm sure it's just Matt going high pitched.
Yes, I'm aware of that, but the "I am Kermit" bit of the scene sounds much more like Matt than the latter part (which sounds more like Dave).

Edit: Listening to it again, I do hear a hint of Matt in there. Though I still hear a bit of Dave. I can see why Jerry chose Matt as his replacement. Seriously, is there anyone Matt can't sound like? :sing::fishy::batty::crazy::wisdom:
Here's hoping for a line from Strangepork!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Hey, in the trailer when Kermit and Fozzie are in the mini car and Kermit says, "We need to get out of here!", did anyone else notice that Kermit was handcuffed to the steering wheel? They were sneaking away from Sam, so perhaps Sam or Jean arrests Kermit.

Again- I'm confused as to why such an observant Muppet like Sam would not recognise the frog that has been his boss for more than thirty years.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Again- I'm confused as to why such an observant Muppet like Sam would not recognise the frog that has been his boss for more than thirty years.
Perhaps it's just part of the whole "actors playing roles and breaking the fourth wall" thing that has been part of the Muppets for years. In this case, Sam is most likely just acting and pretending to not recognize his boss Kermit JUST for this particular film and role.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Look who you can make out for a SPLIT second in the second trailer:

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who spotted Mildred and Annie Sue in the trailer.

I hope that they're only just a few of many other newly-rebuilt characters that didn't make it into the 2011 film.

I hope one of our insiders can at least give us hints that there'll be more newly-rebuilt obscure Muppets in MMW in addition to Mildred, Annie Sue, Foo-Foo, the Shark and the ones that were previously rebuilt for TM.

EDIT: I think I just spotted the Afghan Hound's snout behind Link.